Your new book

Discussion in 'Q&A Forum With Sara Moulton' started by nicko, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Sara,

I am curious about your new book (number 3) and what the focus is? Can you tell us about it? How long does it typically take you to write a book?

For those of you who are interested there is a good review of Sara's book

http://www.cheftalk.com/cookbook_rev...ght_meals.html

2. sara moulton

sara moulton

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    well so interesting you should ask. as I mentioned before it was due yesterday but oddly enough I am working on it today...
    the working title is "Sara's Everyday Family Dinners"
    it is a continuation of my last book which was all about getting dinner on the table during the work week so the focus is mostly on quick and easy entrees.
    but the writing of the recipes is different this time. I wrote them to take advantage of cooking time. so instead of prepping everything up front, you prep as you go. it really saves a lot of time (of course I don't recommend this with the Asian recipes where the cooking time is so rapid)

I have included 200 recipes and a few new chapters - appetizers for dinner, two for one (making one dish and stretching it into another) and 5 ingredients. boy what a hard chapter that was, to limit myself that way. but I have to say those are very quick recipes.

It takes at least a year to write a cookbook and then another year to produce it. cookbooks don't just involve recipes, they involve a lot of writing which doesn't come naturally to some of us cooks. they are tons of work, it is sort of like having a baby. I thoroughly enjoy it but I think cookbooks are an endangered species unless you have a hot new cooking show on tv. Most people just download recipes, they don't understand that many of them have not been tested. so this will probably be my last cookbook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.