Your Best Seafood Pasta Recipe?

Joined Oct 28, 1999
Ok, it's simple... over done... actually over done often very poorly, but it is a personal comfort dish for me...

Nothing beats a steaming mountain of home made linguine with perfectly spicy-not-too-spicy marinara studded with tender cherry stone clams, fresh parsley (and a handful of basil for the heck of it.) Did I mention the basket of crusty Italian bread for sopping up the little, red, glistening pool of tomato and clam juice married in the bottom of the bowl?

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
This run down Greek cafe did a good one they called Pasta Mykonos. I've not cloned the recipe successfully yet.

Linquine
shrimp
chicken
scallops

in a lemon garlic cream/white sauce. It was lighter than a cream sauce, but richer than a white sauce. I'd swear there was some asiago cheese in it too, heresy that that is. Maybe a hint of rosemary? It was tough to classify and break down the individual flavors.

I miss them, they're out of business.

Phil

Joined May 26, 2001
From a place near New Orleans (via the NY Times ;) ), Mosca's barbecued shrimp, served over linguine or spaghetti:

shell-on shrimp first marinated and then poached very slowly in olive oil and white wine with garlic, bay leaves, rosemary, and oregano (dried herbs work fine), salt and pepper. I usually add some hot pepper flakes, too. The idea is to cook it very gently so that the shells soften and become edible too, without overcooking the shrimp. And then, of course, the herb/wine/oil sauces the pasta. :lips:

Joined Aug 11, 2000
Wow, Moscas is a New Orleans tradition and very few talk about it any more.

lump crab, shrimp, shrooms (button, yep really), shallots, scallions, seeded chopped fresh tomato, with a lemon garlic cream sauce...the one mentioned previously sounds just about right over linguine. I know it's really heavily frowned upon by Italians but I like parmesan with seafood pasta.
Served with aformentioned bread and a green bean salad with a bit of blue and a few roasted pecans maybe on a bed of bibb.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
A little lox, chevre, cream, chives, coupla capers, s+p, tossed with Angel Hair. :)

Kuan

Joined Jul 31, 2000
I hope some of you give this a try,it's quite good.

Sweet Maine Lobster Mac & Cheese :)

For the pasta
1 # finely ground wheat durum flour
4 eggs
½ teaspoon evoo
Salt to taste

For the lobby lob
3-1# Maine lobsters, boiled, shocked, shells removed
1 large leek, green part only, blanched and separated
½ cup melted butter
S&P to taste

For the sauce
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
2 minced shallots
¼ cup white wine (dry)
3 cups heavy cream
½ cup whole milk
2 oz Munster grated
2 oz Jack cheese grated
2 oz fontina grated
Claw and knuckle meat fine dice
S&P to taste

For the garnish
Lobster roe and chives

In a pasta machine, combine the flour, eggs and oil, season and process into elbows. Set aside on parchment to dry a bit. For the lobster, (soak 6 wooden skewers in water) separate the claw and knuckle meat and hold for later.
Slice the tail in half lengthwise and then roll the meat. Wrap with the leek and secure with a couple skewers. Pop them on a half sheet pan lined with parchment then brush them well with the melted butter and season.

For the sauce, melt some butter, add the shallots and wine and sauté until translucent .Add the heavy cream and milk and bring to a boil, reduce the heat and add the cheeses, keep stirring till smooth, remove from the heat and strain through a fine chinois. Put this in a saucepan and add the reserved lobster meat, check for S&P and keep warm.

Boil your pasta, drain and add to the cheese sauce and be sure it’s hot.

Preheat your oven to 400 d, season the lobbies and pop in the oven until
Nice and warm (please don’t overcook them :() when done keep them warm.

To serve, spoon some Mac and cheese into a bowl. Place a wrapped tail on top, sprinkle with the roe and chives.

I like a pinot Gris or Pinot Blanc

Joined May 9, 2003
I may have to make a trip to CT for that one...sounds killer.

We do a Hot Smoked Salmon Fett. with Morels, Ramps and spring peas that's very nice. Cream, noodles, rosemary...you get the idea.

I do a cool rattlesnake pasta too with the wagonellas and chihuahua cheese...alas, not seafood;)

Joined Apr 13, 2003
crawfish fettucini-------ooooohhh- sounds exciting huh? no really it is quite good..

1 cup fat included LOUISIANA crawfish tails
1 ounce of fresh smoked tasso
1 strip applewood bacon
half cup of green onion finely sliced
1 clove garlic minced
1 and half cups of heavy cream
quarter cup nice white wine for deglaising
shitake mushrooms - grown alot out here
1 tsp. butter
1heaping tblsp. boursain

gently sautee the diced bacon till crispy,,, add tasso and crawfish ,, cook for just a sec, add wine, when ausec add green onion, mushrooms,garlic,, sautee a bit and add cream , season with tarragon and a little fresh dill, and a few crushed pepper flakes reduce to your hearts content then mount with butter and boursain. s and p to taste

Latest posts

Top Bottom