Yet another newbie...

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by grapefruit moon, Mar 30, 2004.

1. grapefruit moon

grapefruit moon

A very dear friend invited me here.

I cooked to put myself through college, but since then my experience has mostly been on the eating end of the deal. I am, proudly, a glutton. My friend has sent me links to a number of threads here, and posted a couple of things on my behalf, so I feel like I have lurked here longer than I actually have. (special thanks to all the people who posted on "the pie is the limit"!)

2. athenaeus

athenaeus

Exp:
    At home cook
    Hi Grapefruit Moon.

I am glad you found your way here. :) There are many people who are sharing your passion for pies and Tom Waits. :)

Enjoy your staying here!

3. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hello Grapefruit Moon,

Cool name,

Welcome and enjoy.
    cc

4. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Welcome all newbies are welcome at ChefTalk.com

5. grapefruit moon

grapefruit moon

I feel welcome already, thank you all.

Nicko, your sig file made me smile a bit...in our area, we are celebrating the 30th anniversary of defeating Mr. Onassis in court when he wanted to build an oil refinery in our Great Bay. A trio of local moms led the resistance...now there is even a (very bad, local) musical honoring the event!

A similar line, but a very different context..."ships are safe inside the harbor...but is that what ships are for?" from Julie Gold's song "Wake up and Dream"

6. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    You are very welcome to our community Grapefruit Moon! :bounce: