Y a-t-il un chef français?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by alyce, Mar 1, 2005.

1. alyce

alyce

I'm not French but I do speak it pretty well, and would love to correspond with a French chef or cook :chef: ...merci bien!

2. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hello Alyce,

I'm not French, nor do I speak French fluently, but I spent 16 of my 26 years cooking in French restaurants and now teach French cuisine (as well as other classes) in CT premiere culinary program. So I may not fit the bill perfectly, but I would still like to talk "Cuisine Francaise"

3. alyce

alyce

How did you manage to spend 16 years in French restaurants without learning at least a few expressive swear words? :eek:

When you teach French classes, do you teach region by region, or certain categories (e.g. fish, or poultry, or soups)? Or the techniques of French cooking, since I take it your classes are for those who want to grow up to be chefs?

Are you able to find all the ingredients you need there? I subscribe to a couple of French cooking magazines, and use them a lot, but sometimes find it difficult to source some of the products they use, even though I have a "gourmet" shop (I hate that term...these products are NOT gourmet where they come from!).

Tell me a little about the things you like to cook...me, I love it ALL!

4. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I do know my far share of the "classic" words used in a French kitchen that do not relate to food ;)

French is one of 7 classes I teach, the first three weeks (twice a week) we focuses on classic French technique. then we start the regions beginning with Alsace/Lorraine, then Normandy and Brittany, followed by Burgundy, then Provence, then Gascony, then IL de France, Pays Basque.

Being very close to New York I have little trouble sourcing ingredients, and as far as what I love to cook,I love to cook foods that touch the heart and above all are delicious. Which can mean almost anything.

5. anneke

anneke

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Bonjour Alyce! Je veux bien correspondre avec toi. A quel sujet?
    :)