Xeres doux

Joined Apr 24, 2001
Does anyone know what this is? I tried looking in the foodsubs thesaurus but the search turned up negative.

Thanks for your help.

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
Xérès is the French term for sherry. As for doux it means soft. I was not able to find information in French about it but saw some references to it in a few recipes.

Joined Apr 24, 2001
I wish I had the time to learn French in addition to widening my food knowledge through taste. I came across a recipe for truffle ice cream yesterday that calls for this. It makes sense that it would be sherry as it goes so well if truffles. The purveyor is trying to get us to buy truffles so he gave us a few. The Chef made fresh mozzarella with chopped truffles in it. It was so yummy. The pastry chef and I are thinking about pairing potatoes and truffles for a dessert. Thanks for answering my question.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Montpetitchoux,

I just came across a recipe in a food magazine:

Grilled-cheese type sandwich made of buffalo mozzarella and slices of black truffle.

;)

Joined Apr 24, 2001
Oh that sounds so good.

The chef buys the curds and then finishes the mozzarella at the restaurant. This way, he can put things in the cheese. Because he had to use the truffles within a few days, he put it in the mozzarella yesterday. Ordinarily, he puts chives and a few other herbs in a light ribon in the cheese then serves it with slices of heirloom tomatoes and baby arugula and a light drizzle of olive oil. It's a special while we have it. But it's delicious. I don't know if he's going to introduce the truffled mozzarella on the menu, though. Lucky me yesterday. Sometimes it good to work in a fine eating establishment.

Latest posts

Top Bottom