Writer looking for chefs for article on restaurant hazing.

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by slavegirl, Nov 18, 2003.

1. slavegirl

slavegirl

Hi friends!

A senior writer for a magazine is looking for chefs who are willing to talk to him about hazing in the restaurant industry.

You can be anonymous in this article if you talk to him. He's asked me to find anyone willing to talk to him, so if you would like to be hooked up with him, post an email address here, or private message me with one so that I can pass the contact info on to him.

=)

Sorry I have been so quiet, I just moved to Oregon and have been going nuts trying to settle in and pay off all the moving costs!

2. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    It's a shame bullying doesn't end after high school...

3. slavegirl

slavegirl

by the way, this doesn't mean he doesn't want to hear from those still cookin' with good stories. He just was also looking in particularly for those severely affected.

4. waltersg69

waltersg69

"Fetch me a can of powderd water, and grab a grill extender while your there."

5. ironchefatl

ironchefatl

Exp:
    Other
    I can say I worked at this one very high volume establishment. When new cooks came in our goal was to push them as far as possible. We wanted to see if they would, crack and quit, cry, or pull thier weight It was effective to some degree and let them know that we needed people that could handle alot of stress and heavy work load for 8 straight hours (thats a minimum). My dad told me it was mean, but allowing some slacker to stay on and haveto do thier job is mean to everybody else. Over the two years I only witnessed one crier, but a few went A-wall. We also got alot of hard workers.

6. isaac

isaac

i have tons of stories.... not only from restaurants and hotels but also culinary schools and other establishments.

if you havent found someone to talk too, email me at [email protected] and i can help in anyway i can.

7. chefbk

chefbk

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Get me the bacon stretcher! It's in the cooler next to the rice converter!!!

8. frizbee

frizbee

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    A Chef at my culinary arts school just sent a student (who is a total idiot anyway) down to the hard *** french classical chef's room looking for chicken tar-tare....
    I think I laughed for about a week over that one.
    Frizbee

9. greg

greg

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Is Steve Nogle still teaching in French classical?

10. frizbee

frizbee

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Although I cannot find Chef Nogle's first name listed anywhere, I can't imagine that there is more then one hard nosed french classical teacher named Nogel.
    So yes, and if you know him then you can totally visualize his facial expression when asked for the dish.
    completely hystrical.
    Frizbee