Would you use an automatic beer dispenser?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by beermachine, Feb 16, 2015.

1. beermachine

beermachine

Exp:
    Beverage Expert
    For our senior design project for a BS in Mechanical Engineering we are designing an automatic beer pouring machine. We are conducting market research for if we hypothetically produced such a machine would people want to buy it. We are interested in input from restaurants, bars and home brewers. You would place a glass in the dispenser and walk away to come back seconds later to find your glass filled. The machine would have sensors to determine the volume to dispense and to control foaming. Please fill out this brief survey, Thanks

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/QY9QYRF

2. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    You're a little late w/ this idea. Sorry, but this has been around for a good while already.

3. beermachine

beermachine

Exp:
    Beverage Expert
    Yes there are designs out there but it is fairly uncommon to see anything like this in use in bars/restaurants in the southwest US.  Most designs either tilt the glass or fill from the bottom whereas we are going to try to have a nozzle that can move.

4. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    That, or something very close, has been on TV. "Bar Rescue" I've worked in a number of bars that fill the glass from the bottom, so-to-speak, with a nozzle that goes all the way down.

5. beermachine

beermachine

Exp:
    Beverage Expert
    I've seen something called Turbo Tap where you place the nozzle in the bottom of the glass and leave the nozzle at the bottom until the beer is poured.  Is this similar?

6. Iceman

Iceman

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Yes, that's it I think. Good luck with what you do.