Would you mind others using your dish's photo?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by iworkforthem, Mar 21, 2006.

1. iworkforthem

iworkforthem

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Hi... anyone know of a photoblog on cooking? I'm seriously thinking of starting one. Just a quick question first, would you mind other using your photo, providing a link back to your website for exchange....

I think it's still better than paying $100 for a 10x10 pixel block.. :talk:

Any reply is good.

2. cakerookie

cakerookie

Exp:
    Line Cook
    You can insert photos into this blog along with text and other stuff check it out at http://cooking-blogs.com I have one here called Cookbook Gazette..Most blogs will allow you to insert photos does not necessarily have to be a cooking blog.You might also try http://mycookingblog.com

3. kacbad

kacbad

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I would like to see that and I have some candid photos taken in my restaurant. Keep me posted.

4. ricib

ricib

I'd say, if someone were honest enough to actually provide a link and credit the person responsible for the dish, then yes, people would be ok with it. There's probably too much credit NOT being given people for that to happen, even with honest folks, and that's too bad. There's lots of great dishes out there, I'd love to see.

5. chef kaiser

chef kaiser

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi,

Just hope they are honnest enough, and if they just steal it, it is your victory and their karma.

good luck and regards

6. iworkforthem

iworkforthem

Exp:
    Food Writer
    I agree with that too, if we acknowledge and give credit to those that are due. I supposed it is fine with most of us. :lol:

7. jock

jock

Exp:
    At home cook
    Not being a professional I know I'm not supposed to post on this forum but I have to put in my 2 cents worth and beg your forgiveness in advance.

In the US photos, by law, are copywrited to the photographer. It is illegal to use them without the photographer's permission.

Jock

8. aprilb

aprilb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    You can post a generic photo of a dish, but not if it's connected with a restaurant.

An 'illustration' can be any engineered "food" edible or not. Something illustrating a specific food establishment MUST only show the actual dishes with no artistric wizardry at all.

If it's specific to a particular chef, and/or photographer, you have to get permission to use it. In writing. Hard Copy. Not just a ..."yeah, go ahead..." on the internet.

April