Would you find this useful?

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by gummy-bear, Apr 14, 2010.

1. gummy-bear

gummy-bear

Exp:
    s:12:"At home cook";
    One of my uncles posted this on my facebook tonight and I think I might find something like this fun, exciting, and useful. I'm pretty shy about what I cook, sticking to tried and true recipes that I know I will love, but I would like to break this habit and try to be a little more spontaneous in my culinary choices. So here it is: Recipe Dice

Would you find something like this helpful? Can you see this being helpful for people who really want to get out of their comfort zone? Thanks.

2. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    lol, as an old school gamer dice tickle my fancy. However I wouldn't roll them unless I was standing at the farmers market or a grocery store. I'd be standing there in my pantry doing re-rolls, till I found a match./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

3. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    +1 vs vegetables, +3 flaming vs meat

4. charron

charron

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    Those are neat, but I think I'd rather have cards.  Get a deck of ingredients and deal them out to whomever feels like having a cook off.  Treat it like 5 card stud with three rounds of betting, allowing the players the option of changing out up to three cards per round.  The winner of the cook-off takes the pot.  Of course, this would only work in an Iron Chef equipped kitchen...

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/bounce.gif

gummy-bear likes this.
  5. gummy-bear

gummy-bear

Exp:
    s:12:"At home cook";
    I think that is a very cute idea, I might even go out of my way to make a deck of food cards.

6. extremepullups

extremepullups

Exp:
    At home cook
    they look interesting

7. nichole

nichole

Exp:
    Restaurant Manager
    This is like a food lotto... but it's cute!