Working and being sick

Joined Jun 27, 2012
C'mon, you guys, give the guy a break. It sucks when you're sick, and I doubt any of us can honestly say we've never gone in while probably contagious.
or called off your shift when struck down by a raging case of the Corona flu  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lever.gif      /img/vbsmilies/smilies/drinkbeer.gif   /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smoking.gif   /img/vbsmilies/smilies/crazy.gif    /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

mimi

Joined Nov 14, 2012
or called off your shift when struck down by a raging case of the Corona flu  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/lever.gif      /img/vbsmilies/smilies/drinkbeer.gif   /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smoking.gif   /img/vbsmilies/smilies/crazy.gif    /img/vbsmilies/smilies/frown.gif

mimi
Wine Flu or Grogitias !!

rat

Joined Mar 2, 2006
I would rather have someone call out and not get everyone else sick. I hate the a-hole chefs who make people come in no matter what with their germ hands and sneezing and coughing all over my prep.

Joined May 19, 2013
I would rather have someone call out and not get everyone else sick. I hate the a-hole chefs who make people come in no matter what with their germ hands and sneezing and coughing all over my prep.

Ok, then maybe ALL chefs should make sure their cooks have healthcare coverage and are allowed to accrue paid sick days. But they don't.

Joined Apr 11, 2013
Haha , i been working with major back pain for the past 5 days ( and i dont even know how i got it ) XD 

But i usually dont call in sick unless im on the verge of death or my chef tells me to go home. In both cases i still agree with mayhem ont he health coverage...

Joined Sep 5, 2012
Ok, then maybe ALL chefs should make sure their cooks have healthcare coverage and are allowed to accrue paid sick days. But they don't.

All my staff has health care, paid sick days, paid vacation, and paid parental leave and paid care of sick child leave. Mandatory here.

In the states my staff had paid bc/bs, dental, paid vacation and paid sick days as well as life and disability insurance. In addition to treating my staff like humans/family. I never had a problem getting good staff, you get what you give.

Joined Jul 24, 2013
Here's an update, I toughened up and push through. Thanks for everyone's advice. I'm fortunate to have medical coverage soon at work. I know not everyone has the same benefits and I know it sucks.

Joined May 19, 2013
All my staff has health care, paid sick days, paid vacation, and paid parental leave and paid care of sick child leave. Mandatory here.

In the states my staff had paid bc/bs, dental, paid vacation and paid sick days as well as life and disability insurance. In addition to treating my staff like humans/family. I never had a problem getting good staff, you get what you give.

Um. Do you need a saucier? :) That's wonderful, and a great example to set.

Joined Sep 5, 2012
Not at the moment, but you never know, im planning my next venture for next fall. Any desire to move to Sweden?

Top Bottom