Wish I'd found y'all sooner!

Joined Dec 2, 2021
Hello there! I am currently the kitchen manger for a non-profit social club in a small town that is a ferry-ride away from Seattle. I kind of fell into this position and have learned a great deal as I have stumbled along. My position also comes with the responsibilities of managing the bar, too, which is not something I enjoy. So, sadly, this is my last month as manager. There was a huge outcry when I announced my pending resignation, but I just couldn't keep doing 40+hours of work a week for only 20 hours of pay that is just a little over minimum wage. Sigh. I will continue my volunteer cheffing, however, and I expect that whoever is found to replace me will have many questions, and so while having had this forum as a resource for the past few years would have been hugely beneficial, I think I'll still find many reasons to pop in and seek advice. The people on here seem to be a friendly and helpful bunch, so I look forward to maybe getting to "know" some of you better!
Cheers,
Sabrina
AKA FoodieFlunky

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Sponsor
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Welcome to ChefTalk Sabrina we are glad you joined our community. It sounds like you had a very difficult choice to make but did the right thing. It is a very common issue I think all chefs face working many many hours and getting a low pay. Glad ChefTalk has been able to help you out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom