Wisdom teeth

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by acambece, Jan 6, 2006.

1. acambece

acambece

Exp:
    At home cook
    What can i eat... my face hurts and i dont want to eat baby food or pudding anymore. what soft foods can i eat?

Cambece

2. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I ate tortilla chips that night and had no trouble then or after. I needed SOLID CHEWABLE food. I still remember the taste. Two meals of squish was more than enough for me. I never used any of the pain pills either.

But you might consider some refried beans and rice. Maybe some melted cheese on top with guac and sour cream All soft and squishy.

Oatmeal, cream of wheat, polenta, risotto maybe

creamed/pureed soups

Commercial pancake mixes that dissolve on the tongue. Man are they bad!, but SOFT!

Mashed potatoes & gravy

There's other similar foods too.

Phil

3. ma facon

ma facon

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I had all 4 pulled at the same time, The same day I would broil thin cuts of whitefish and crush the fish between my tongue and roof of my mouth, I also enjoyed mashed potatoes, baked acorn squash, and ground meats with finely diced onions/peppers/mushrooms etc... Use your imagination.:chef:

4. chrose

chrose

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Milkshakes and ice cream baby:lips: :roll:

5. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    scrambled eggs
    Popscicles

umpteen years ago we were told to put tea bags on the holes....do DDS still recommend it?

6. markv

markv

Wine & vodka martinis. (At least until the pain goes away). Then you can eat the olives with the martini.

Mark

7. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    A chef I worked for years ago accidentally ate the gauze that was packed into the hole. Not to worry, it all came out in the end. :lol:

Eat whatever you feel comfortable with. But with all due respect to Mark, if you're on painkillers, DO NOT DRINK ANY ALCOHOL, not even a sip. When I had mine out, I thought after 8 hours or so that the stuff I had taken must have worn off, so I figured a bloody mary would be okay. BIG mistake. That feeling of falling straight through the floor -- while lying flat on my back! -- was worse than the pain of the extraction! :eek:

8. castironchef

castironchef

Exp:
    Culinary Instructor
    Foi gras? Pate? Kobe beef? Toro? Caviar?

All sorts of wonderful, soft foods without having to think about anything that might be found in a small jar labeled Gerbers.

9. markv

markv

Allow me to rephrase my post:

Wine & vodka martinis. (At least until the pain goes away). Then you can eat the olives with the martini.*

These opinions do not necessarily reflect the views/opinions of Cheftalk.
    The Surgeon General has determined that alcohol can cause heart and liver problems, should not be consumed by pregnant women, should not be used if driving or operating machinery, and should not be mixed with other medications. This post was purely fictional. Any similarity to practices or people living or deceased is purely coincidence.

10. shroomgirl

shroomgirl

Exp:
    Professional Caterer
    I remember having my wisdom teeth extracted....my stomach was really nauseated. Can you imagine rich food on top of nausa oh man I like foie way to much to get sick on it.....seems like my taste buds were kinda screwy from the blood, medicine etc.....

11. suzanne

suzanne

Exp:
    Food Editor
    Oh, Mark, you so silly. :lol:

Your recommendation is actually the one I wanted to follow back then. :eek:

12. mezzaluna

mezzaluna

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Matzo ball soup! But then you knew I'd say that. My brothers and I were fed bits of matzo balls in broth when we were babies.

Creme brulee would be good- the crunchy sugar would melt in your mouth.
    Creamy or potage type soups that are blended so you get your veggies without having to hurt yourself. Example: vichysoisse, bean, split pea...

Feel better soon,
    Mezzaluna