Williams-Sonoma Job

Joined Aug 14, 2000
I just applied for a job at Williams-Sonoma's new store at the Time Warner Center in NYC. Does anyone know anybody @W-S? I'm looking for all the juice I can muster!

Thanks

Kyle

Joined Oct 28, 1999
I worked for there for the better part of last year. I remain 'on-call' for now. Very customer service oriented operation. Very much an 'eye appeal' operation; product placement and cleanliness are a major sticking point. Product know-how is huge, as well. You will operate from a benefit of knowing a lot about food and food prodcution. They are very generous to their staff; 40% discount at Williams-Sonoma, Pottery Barn, Crate & Barrell, Pottery Barn Kids and Hold Everything! Sweet deal around Xmas!!
Let me know if there is more you want.
-J

Joined Aug 14, 2000
I think I should be OK on most areas of product knowledge. After all, I have about 3/4 of their catalog in my kitchen :) My hope is that I make it past the 4' high pile of applications stage. If I can get in there then it's all up to me! Thanks Jim.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Kyle, you didn't tell us about your kitchen expansion! ;)

Kuan

Joined Aug 14, 2000
It recently got even more real :)

first%20003_edited.jpg

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Hey wow Kyle! I was thinking the other day how nice it would be to have one of those! You're probably pretty stoked. And look at that nice shiny copper pan! Very nice! :)

Joined Oct 28, 1999
I always seemed to spend more there than I brought home. It was always great to play with the new 'toys' before anybody else... except I always seemed to end up buying them, not just playing. My kitchen wares collection grew overnight. But hey, at 40% off, you can't go wrong. Hope it goes well for you.

Joined May 26, 2001
Hey, Kyle, if you've already got 3/4 of their stuff, then you'll only have to buy 1/4 more once you're there! and at 40% off, that won't be so bad, now will it? Break a leg!

Joined Aug 14, 2000
Well I went back yesterday and spoke to a different manager. SHe said things had slowed down biz wise. THis means that new hiring is not imminent. She also mentioned that they had 500 apps on file! Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky :)

While I was there I went downstairs to the WholeFoods. Boy is this a big beautiful store! It even has a Food Court kinda section where you can get all kinds of stuff to eat.

Joined Mar 12, 2004
Kyle, I just took a trip into King of Prussia PA this weekend to my local WS store. The manager had just come back from the NY store and raved about it. Apparently it's like an amusement park for foodies. She said that it was probably worth a trip to NY (about 3 hours for us) just to see it.

Would you agree?

Joe

Joined Aug 14, 2000
I'm not sure it's worth the trip all by itself, but there are a few other things to do here in Gotham City :) It's like every other WS only much bigger. Like the former flagship store on 59th & Lex., it has a demo kitchen in the back of the store. Because it is so much bigger than most WS stores they have a huge selection of everything, but it's not new stuff.

Top Bottom