wich set of Stone for theese two blue steel knife?

Joined Jul 7, 2016
Hello everyone Im currently for my new knifes be delivered, I would like have to have you though on what sharpening set ,what brand should I get as this steel is new for me .

Here they are:

KATSUSHIGE ANRYU 3 LAYER CLADDING BLUE SUPER CORE HAMMERD JAPANESE CHEF'S GYUTO KNIFE 210MM

Specifications
Knife Type: Japanese Chef's knife
Steel Type: Blue Super steel Core(Not stain resistant for Core, Outer Steel is Stain Resistant)
Blade Type: Double Edged Blade
Blade Length: 210mm

KUROSAKI BLUE SUPER CLAD HAMMERED KUROUCHI PETTY JAPANESE CHEF KNIFE 150MM

Specifications:
Knife Type:petty Knife
Steel Type: Blue Super Cladd Kurouchi
Blade Type: Double-edged Blade
Blade Length: 150mm
Blade Height:29mm
Blade Thickness:2.1mm
Handle Material: Shitan Rosewood
Handle Length: 115mm
Weight:76g

If you have any thoughts on the knife itself feel free to share it:)

So im looking for the best sharpening set i can get to take great care of this two knifes basically many thanks!!

Joined Jan 25, 2013
very nice knives.  what stones do you currently use?  are these going to be 'at work' or 'at home' knives?  

scott

Joined Aug 6, 2015
As they are both wide bevel knives (or they very much look like it!), when you are sharpening and hitting the wide bevel, generally, muddier stones will preserve more of that contrast between the cloudy cladding and shinier core steel (kasumi finish). To that end, something like a Suehiro Cerax 1k or Bester 1.2k and Suehiro Rika 5k is a good start. But thats only if you care about maintaining aesthetics. Most any fast cutting stones will do in terms of sharpening.

Please share more about your location and overall budget - that certainly affects stone options and suggestions

Joined Jul 7, 2016
Thanks for your answers Im living in the uk , I will say 200£ 250$is my budget , as for the use of the knife Im chef, I will use for times to times in quiet shifts just to enjoy the knifes , but i wont bring them in everyday that will be mostly for home use but even at home my wife and I still cooking a lot , I will also need advice on what kind of chopping board will be the best to use .

Joined Jul 7, 2016
By the way i dont have any stone at the moment i was using the one from work for my old knife but i rather get my own now

Latest posts

Top Bottom