Wich is your "fantasy" knife?

Discussion in 'Cooking Knife Reviews' started by luis j, Jan 30, 2011.

1. luis j

luis j

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi guys...

I'm suffering from a severe cold and the doctor has forbidden me to abandon my home for a couple of days and that's killing me, too much free time under special conditions, meaning staying like a bird in a cage... I already read my old and ignored e-mails, I annoyed most of my facebook friends, I made stupid questions in all forums on the different hobbies that I have... And last but not least is cheftalk... It's your turn guys...

If the "knives genie" showed up at your doorstep offering to give you ANY knife... Wich one would you pick?... Come on, it's not going to cost you a cent, it will be absolutely free, go as fancy and functional as you want, or both, go exotic, budget is not an issue, nor waiting time or how hard to get one is, remember... It's the genie./img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

I'm talking about real cooking knives, the one that you'll want to have for ownership pride and also that you know that is going to perform like the very best if you want to cook with it... No such thing as a knife with a gold blade and diamonds on the handle, those doesn't count.

Let me know guys, is not only about making the silly question... Is also because I want to know what's out there that I haven't even heard of.

Best regards!

P.S. If you add the "why?" you picked that knife, I'll consider it a great bonus, if you don't want to, remember, I have still one more day to surf the net and do research./img/vbsmilies/smilies/peace.gif

2. phaedrus

phaedrus

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I guess at this very moment it would probably be a custom dammy from Devin Thomas.  My next choice would probably be a Kramer- since they're going for $8k-$15k (yes, thousand) on eBay I'd sell it and buy a couple DT knives and some sous vide equipment.

3. luis j

luis j

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif  That was impresive! Thanks a lot Phaedrus!! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif