Why is your favorite food your favorite and what is it?

Discussion in 'Q&A With Mario Batali' started by luvpie, May 11, 2010.

1. luvpie

luvpie

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Hi Mario, goodness I'm nervous to write this, < in a good way :)

So very pleased to be in correspondence with someone that has such an incredible love and passion for food the same as I do.  My grandmother was head pastry chef at UCLA for 25 years.  She made the very best pie(s) I've ever had.  My screen name is due to that.

You featured on your MM show this cookbook: Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking by Marcella Hazan.  Because of what you said about it, I ordered it online.  I love it.  It's one of those cookbooks you take to bed and read like a great novel.  Thank you for suggesting it.

Mario, my favorite food has always been spaghetti with meat sauce.  If my life was to end tomorrow, it's what I want tonight for dinner.  Taking my husband to Italy for 17 days, each and every day without exception, I ordered Spaghetti Bolognese.  My mouth has never been so happy for 17 days in a row.  I'm not sure why it's my favorite food but it is, hands down.

Mario what is your very favorite food to eat and also, why is it your favorite?  What is the secret to making 'that' food as special as it is for you.

Thanks for entering this site and letting us have such a treat.