Why culinary arts

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by Jet1wa1, Mar 5, 2018.

1. A chef

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. A cook

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Jet1wa1

Jet1wa1

Exp:
    Trade Butcher fledgling apprentice chef
    interested in why/how people got in to cooking professionally and what has kept them in the industry?
    For me I’ve always worked in the food industry butchery, then f&b catering managing and was offered the opportunity to cook and train as a chef came about November last year, I’ve always loved sourcing, preparing food from the protein (farm to plate) and the accompaniments

2. Vjan

Vjan

Exp:
    13 years
    My story starts with the typical i watched my mom cook at home. I started work placement in restaurants when i was in high school through a co-op program. Landed a paying job through the same restaurant, from there I became in love with the adrenaline rush you get when you are so busy you cannot think of anything else. Once i felt that rush and the euphoric feeling of holy sh!t we did how many covers, i never looked back or thought of doing anything else.

3. frankie007

frankie007

Exp:
    professional chef over 20 years
    i came as a refugee to London from war torn Yugoslavia. Only available jobs were in catering for someone who couldn't speak the lingo. I started in a wash up, 10 years latter I was a Head Chef, it wasn't always smooth, but love of food and cooking made it easier....