Who's watching Tom Kerridge "Proper Pub Food" on the BBC?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by chrisbelgium, Oct 8, 2013.

1. chrisbelgium

chrisbelgium

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Yesterday I was watching another episode of British chef Tom Kerridge on the BBC in his program called "Proper Pub Food".

This is without a doubt one of the best cooking programs I ever saw, let me specify; the most inventive recipes. This guy owns a pub and managed to get 2 Michelin stars with cooking stunning pub food. Exceptional and modern recipes, a real joy to watch.

Maybe more of the European forum members saw it? Some of yesterday's recipes can be found here; http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/programmes/b03bv3vm

There's also a book available; I want it, asap

goldilocks likes this.
  2. samwest61

samwest61

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Yeh I've been really enjoying the clips that are popping up on you tube, he is an inspiration! Very down to earth cooking. Here's a glimpse inside his restaurant....sorry pub!

3. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Just bought the book to try out some of the recipes from the series.

A group of us visit his pub (he's proud to call it that, 2 Michelin stars, notwithstanding:) ) fairly often when I'm in that neck of the woods. He's a lovely man, so happy and friendly and genuinely NICE :D

Edited to add: one of my favourite puddings at the Hand and Flowers is lemon possett with fennel biscotti. Delighted to see it is in the book. It is, in Tom's inimitable words and west country accent ...'Properrr lushhhh'

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  4. atoooooo

atoooooo

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    excellent!!!! 2 paws up

5. chrisbelgium

chrisbelgium

Exp:
    Home Cook
    On last Mondays edition, he received a group of.. Belgian tourists in his pub, sadly enough I wasn't one of them. He served them deepfried oysters in a fermented batter made of flour, warm milk and fresh yeast, plus a mayo made from with seaweed that he harvested, wasabi and mustard powder. And indeed, it always strikes me what a friendly and nice guy he is. Such a relief after an unwanted overdose of Gordon Ramsey on TV.

So glad there's other members watching the series, it's so different from what we seen so far; creativity and Tom Kerridge easily gives a lot of useful knowledge away that I haven't seen anywhere else.

6. ishbel

ishbel

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I haven't watched it yet, but have it saved for later!

I intend to cook a dish from his book this weekend, halibut, wild rice and sorrell baked in puff pastry with lime cream. He describes it as a lot of work, but worth it and it looks like a beef wellington in the illustration.

I'll let you know how it tastes!

7. goldilocks

goldilocks

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Sounds very much like I need to see these shows. I've never seen any of them before.

BIG thanks Chris /img/vbsmilies/smilies/thumb.gif

Goldi

8. goldilocks

goldilocks

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Oh my giddy Aunt, that sounds amazing. Please let us know what it's like?