White Truffle Oil

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by chef_bob, Mar 16, 2005.

1. chef_bob

chef_bob

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    OK, I will admit it, I am fishing for some ideas here. I will be demoing White truffle oil at a food show and I am looking for opinions on the best way to present it, that is interesting , but still highlights the flavour of the oil. Any ideas?

2. pete

pete Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    -Wild Mushroom Risotto topped with Duck Confit and drizzled with Port Wine Syrup and White Truffle Oil

-Red Wine Braised Short Ribs with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Truffle Oil

-Spicy Venison Tartar with Truffle Oil

Those are a few off the top of my head. Will try to come up with a few more later.

3. davidsl

davidsl

To demo the oil I might go for a more simple dish like cooked pasta and white truffle oil or a simple risotto topped with white truffle oil. I think it will highlight the product you are showing that way.

I ate the pasta version yesterday and the day before and may still eat some more today. Sometimes there is beauty in simplicity. :lips:

If you want, you can send me a case and I will create some other ways to eat white truffle oil :lips:

4. chef_bob

chef_bob

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    thanks for the offer -if I find an extra case around I'll send it your way :D !

5. botanique

botanique

Exp:
    Other
    Can you get a hold of some white asparagus this early? Drizzle with the oil and a small amount of clarified butter, top with salt etc. and you'll have them drooling. Mushrooms on toast (sourdough would punch it) as well -- with milder fungi, not something like oyster or shiitake. Or, keep it simple -- whip up some focaccia (did some tonight, yum) and drizzle or relax and allow them to dip. How about a simple salad with tomato and jicama, topped with scallops sauteed in shallots, prosciutto and arugula followed by the oil. Oh, oh! Gnocchi! Dude! I made that the other night – it went over beautifully! It would have ROCKED with truffle oil – if you want more detail let me know.