white chocolate frosting

Joined Sep 11, 2005
planning to make cupcakes or cake for a baby shower at work. mommy to be loves white chocolate, any recipes for a white choc. frosting? I usually do cream cheese but does not hold well at room temp. I want to make a choc. cake and perhaps a white or carrot cake. also, how many rectangular pans would it take to make a sheet cake? would I need to triple a regular cake recipe? I need to feed about 50 people

Joined Dec 8, 2009
pastrycake,

Do you have "The Cake Bible"? RLBeranbaum? There's lots of info in her book on serving ratio to pan size.
I believe Rose HAS a white chocolate buttercream frosting in her book also. (I find white chocolate frosting persnickety and less stable than plain buttercream. It's low melting point has presented problems for me.)

Re: pan size....Do you mean a full commercial size sheet pan? 18" by 26" I feed around 60 people generously. (More if there are layers) You need a commercial oven to bake in these, and do consider the area of refrigeration necessary (no side by side!). Managing large heavy layers can be unwieldy.

9" x 11" is a standard size sheet pan. As stated, feeds 12.

Save yourself some grief...make cupcakes! Much easier to manage, store and frost..and they're so popular. You can make several varieties, including a vegan option and you'll be the hero. Two excellent cupcake books: Tack | Richardson's "Hello Cupcake" or Martha Stewart's "Cupcakes" and go to town! A good vegan cupcake cookbook is "Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World".

I like to transport and give cupcakes in these:
Go to: plasticcontainercity.com (click on muffin and cupcake)
Scroll down to item: F2229-89

Dolores

Joined Aug 13, 2006
Beranbaum's white chocolate cream cheese buttercream is wonderful and keeps very very well even in the heat. I used it in a wedding cake in 100 degree heat. The white chocolate helps keep it solid.

Top Bottom