- Joined Jun 18, 2006
I found this recipe for Greek Hamburgers, it calls for wine but does not specify what kind. What should I use? Or can I substitute something else? Here is the recipe.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- [sup]1[/sup]/2 cup diced onions
- 2 slices bread, crumbled
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped or 1 cup tomatoes, canned
- 1 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 eggs
- [sup]1[/sup]/2 cup wine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients well in large bowl. Use hands to thoroughly combine.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Roll patties in flour and fry.