which viking

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by flee, Jul 14, 2005.

1. flee

flee

i am building anew house and will be installing a 48" viking range. my question is which cook top configuration to purchase. i am leaning towards four burners with a 24" griddle. i do not see to many times when i would need more than 4 burners and the grill seems like it would be to messy.

opinions from people who use these features would be greatly appreciated

thanks

foster lee

2. panini

panini

Exp:
    Owner/Operator
    For me, I'll take as many burners as you can give me. I don't grill inside, to hot in Tx. I prefer a large saute pan on a large burner then the griddle. It's better for me for heat control. I can always move the pan off a burner in case things are not timed right. With the griddle would have to remove product.
    I also have the aftermarket griddle that goes over two burners. I sometimes sear or score when I don't want to go outside. I also like to have space to have boiling waters to poach veges before saute.
    It really depends on what your needs are. If you're a family of 8 and have to crank out the flapJacks in the morn, you may need the griddle. I could only fit the 36 in my small space, if I had 48 I would go six burner with the 12 griddle.
    Maybe you could tell us more about your cooking habits.

3. chef_bob

chef_bob

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    If it was I - all burner no griddle. I think you will use it less than you think. Even professinally I have hardly used them. As far as the grill option. I am not sure, I live in canada and BBQ all year. I shovel a path to the BBQ when the snow flies so I don't think I would use the grill, but I would have to think long and hard about it.