Which do you prefer?

Joined Nov 5, 2007

Quote:

Béchamel!

Couscous or Tagine?
Not sure about this one. As I recall, couscous is a pasta, and a tagine is a cooking vessel:

thumb_variation_Default_view_2_65x65.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
But you're showing tagine served on couscous - it was not cooked together.  That couscous could have been rice for all intents and purposes.  

Last edited:
Joined Sep 5, 2008

But you're showing tagine served on couscous - it was not cooked together.  That couscous could have been rice for all intents and purposes.  
No. And I'm not even sure which of the two pictures you're referring to? Let me clarify:
  1. I am not showing a tagine served on couscous. I am showing (pic 1) a tagine (that is not served on couscous or served on anything at all), then I am showing (pic 2) a couscous dish (which is served on couscous 'pasta', as couscous dishes are - hence their name). 
  2. A tagine is normally not served with couscous, let alone cooked together. A tagine is normally served with bread.
  3. Couscous (the grain) is normally not cooked together with anything. It is cooked separately, even if traditionally the last (and normally 3rd) cooking of the 'grain' is done over the steam of the couscous broth, in a couscoussier
  4. Couscous (the dish) is ALWAYS served on couscous (the grain) as pictured before, hence the name of the dish, which it takes after the grain. 
  5. I use the word "the grain" losely, because that is the word my grandmother used to use to separate the couscous 'pasta' from the couscous 'dish'. Obviously couscous is not a grain, although it's made from a grain. 
  6. It took me way too long to post this because my spell checker really thinks I meant to say 'tagging' every time I typed tagine. 

Last edited:
Joined Jan 8, 2010
Thanks for the explanation @French Fries

Tangine, as I am not fond of couscous.

I have never used the cooking vessel, but I have always been fascinated by it /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Lemme think:

Rump steak or fillet?

Joined Dec 8, 2016
My boss is the chef, I'm just the marketer. I'd say that I prefer baked mac 'n cheese but it's just too time consuming to make so I usually just go with the box and stovetop method. Please don;t tell him I said that haha!

Joined Sep 18, 2010
It depends, I like them both

Ragu and Prego is food and not motor oil
I'll admit to purchasing these on occasion, but it doesn't really matter which one as by the time I am finished "doctoring" them and adding things they are so far from the original that it doesn't matter.  I really just view them as a starter when I don't have time to make a long cooked sauce from scratch and I don't have any of my homemade stuff around.

Tortillas-flour or corn?
It depends. I like them both .

Thanks for the explanation @French Fries

Tangine, as I am not fond of couscous.

I have never used the cooking vessel, but I have always been fascinated by it /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

Lemme think:

Rump steak or fillet?
Rump steak

And now I'll ask

Prepackaged sliced cheese or cut to order at the Deli counter ?

Joined Apr 3, 2008

Brie, but a good one, none of that bland Trader Joe's industrial cheese!

Which leads to....

Cheese or dessert? 
Dessert, I can't get accustomed to finishing a meal with cheese though I'm not against it.  I just want something sweet.  

Boxed lettuce (pre-washed) or loose lettuce?

Joined Jan 8, 2010
Loose lettuce

I just don't like pre-packed, pre-washed etc stuff (although it can be handy at times)

Irish coffee or dom pedro?

Top Bottom