Where to find Modernist Cuisine Ingredients Online?

Joined Sep 29, 2015
Hey everyone!

I'm a chef who is slowly getting deeper and deeper into modernist cuisine, using some molecular gastronomy influences.

I was wondering if any of you with more experience than me, knew where I'd be able to find professional grade modernist/molecular cuisine ingredients?

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration!

Joined Oct 9, 2008
Watch out: they're expensive. For some things, they're pretty much the only way to go, but check to be sure that what you want isn't already available in bulk packaging for health food supplements (e.g., soy lecithin, several gelling ingredients, etc.). If you're not sure you'll get high quality and purity sufficient for your dishes, go Modernist Pantry, but if you've got time to experiment a little, you can save a lot by ordering from a wider range of distribution companies. (It's like everything else: if it's marketed as gourmet, it costs a lot more.)

Joined Sep 29, 2015
Watch out: they're expensive. For some things, they're pretty much the only way to go, but check to be sure that what you want isn't already available in bulk packaging for health food supplements (e.g., soy lecithin, several gelling ingredients, etc.). If you're not sure you'll get high quality and purity sufficient for your dishes, go Modernist Pantry, but if you've got time to experiment a little, you can save a lot by ordering from a wider range of distribution companies. (It's like everything else: if it's marketed as gourmet, it costs a lot more.)

Gotcha! Thank you for that bit of information, I'll definitely be experimenting a bit before spending the money. I was looking at the ingredients and you're right, some are definitely a tad bit expensive!

Latest posts

Top Bottom