Where to buy Idahone ceramic honing rod online?

Joined Dec 23, 2004
You can buy it from EdgePro Inc., too. I'm not positive what shipping costs but it's always been very reasonable on all my orders. I really like the 8" fine with the blue plastic sleeve the best. It's super compact when in the sleeve and the sleeve protects it.

Joined Dec 23, 2015
I have been using Idahone products for years as I think they are far superior to Lansky, Messermeister and many of the other ceramics on the market.  I have struggled to find some things from them too but it seems they have finally opened on online store and carry their whole product line.  They are at www.idahone.com and I also found them on ebay at http://www.ebay.com/sch/idahoners/m.html?item=161908527287&hash=item25b28010b7:g:EdwAAOSwxN5WYhJ7&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2562

I get that they are smallish and family run, but so glad we can finally get their stuff easilly.  Hope that helps.

Joined Aug 4, 2000
Sometimes just prior to honing with a ceramic rod, I hone the edge using a german-made steel purchased in the middle 1970s and that combination works great for me on all of my knives: Sabatiers, Henckels, and Forschners - both carbon steel and stainless.  (EDIT) The german steel roughs up the edge a bit (EDIT) which the ceramic rod can help to realign a bit.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom