where did you ate the best beef stakes?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by desired, Jul 17, 2013.

1. desired

desired

Exp:
    Home Cook
    where were you ate the best beef steaks.

i had an amazing one in Tel Aviv.

i mean a real steak and not just thin strips.

oh god

it is so good

lately i decided to eat beef just once a week at most. because of health , environmental and compassion reasons

but if i eat bad portion of beef i will compansate and not rest until the good thing in my mouth.

2. helloitslucas

helloitslucas

Exp:
    Line Cook
    Porterhouse at Peter Luger in NYC. It's cliche to say it because that is what they are known for, but it is for a reason. Haven't tasted a piece of steak like that since.

3. ordo

ordo

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Nothing in my life surpassed the Great Baby Beef served at La Cabaña, Buenos Aires, Argentina in the 70's, not the actual one.

But... i confess i've never tried wagyu beef.

4. desired

desired

Exp:
    Home Cook
    wow,

i've found some nice photos of beef with your responses.

but i couldn't find the argentinian restaurant.

in northern israel there is also a cool restaurant for beef. there are called לימוזין

but they took off the photos page from their website

5. ordo

ordo

Exp:
    Home Cook
  6. ordo

ordo

Exp:
    Home Cook
    But if you check the History of the restaurant as published in their web site, you can see it's not more the old days restaurante. I quote:

In the old days, it was said that that a taxi driver in Buenos Aires could not be familiar with the exact location of the Cabildo – a local landmark - but if you asked him to take you to La Cabaña he would head directly to  Congreso neighborhood. 

On September 14th, 1935 Francisco Lapietra opened his restaurant on 400 Entre Ríos Avenue. It was a large Norman-style room seating 450 diners and a private dining room that accommodated 60 people on the first floor. Two stuffed Hereford cows at the restaurant entrance stood as the perfect photo op for tourists who believed that the animals´ tails were lucky charms to be touched.  The restaurant had a six-meter window with three rows of half carcasses hanging from hooks, with Aberdeen Angus at the top, Hereford in the middle and Shorthorn at the bottom, so that guests were free to pick the cut they preferred.   

The restaurant was an immediate success for two types of clientele: those who were looking for a quiet family dinner and those who arrived at late hours after a night out.  The relaxed atmosphere and the icon dish on the menu, the “Delicioso Bife de Chorizo” - Delicious Sirloin Strip Steak - lured people to return time and again.

The restaurant´s guestbook includes the names of the main figures of the 20th century going from Louis Armstrong, Fidel Castro and Charles de Gaulle to Sophia Loren and Charlton Heston. 

Every evening, a large number of guests picked La Cabaña to be seen, to enjoy its famous atmosphere and to taste the best beef the world over.  La Cabaña has always been a glamorous place from the day it was established. However, it was the food that made the restaurant famous. 

It closed its doors in 1996 and remained so until it was acquired by Orient Express Hotels, a chain of luxury hotels, trains and cruises that reopened it in the exclusive area of Recoleta. Some years later, the restaurant returned to the hands of Argentine owners who have relocated it in the heart of the top restaurant area in Buenos Aires giving it back the cherished essence of the original LA CABAÑA. As it could not have been otherwise, the landscape of La Cabaña includes the Luna Park, Corrientes Avenue and, far back, the Obelisk as well as the lights and modern atmosphere of Puerto Madero. That is exactly the point: renewed passion for our cuisine combined with the best of our history to be continued...

7. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    I like the steaks I cook myself the best.   Now, I'll grant you, I don't go to high end steak houses. I just don't enjoy beef enough to want to spend that kind of money on it. So I may have a limited perspective.

8. bubbamom

bubbamom

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I'm not generally a steak eater when I'm out; however, two of the best I've ever tasted were at The Rafters (Franklin WI -- now closed) and at the Black Kettle in Milwaukee WI.

9. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
    Best stakes I ever had were at  Belmont RACE TRACK ?. Best steaks  I ever ate were  at PETER LUGER and the PALM   all New York. And in Florida at BERNS in Tampa.

10. desired

desired

Exp:
    Home Cook
    ok

let me reveal the place i've been eating the best steak in tel aviv. there are many places or actually not that many but the best one is in:

NG restaurant.

have a good time in the rest of the day in the meantime

:)

11. ordo

ordo

Exp:
    Home Cook
    Wow. The Barbarian Feast at that restaurante is one of the rudest and extreme meat banquets I've seen in my life: