When Chefs Attack

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by cape chef, Feb 9, 2001.

1. cape chef

cape chef

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Oh God...I hope I can destroy that darn tape!!! :eek:

2. theloggg

theloggg

Exp:
    Other
  3. davewarne

davewarne

We had an 'expose' on the T.V. in the U.K. a couple of years ago. Hidden camera, violent chefs and humiliated commis etc. The ripples went on for months. The 'culprits', I notice, are still in business.
    This year I read in a 'Mans' magazine that one chef/owner in a famous London restaurant regularly had customers asking to be shown into the kitchen so that he would swear at them. They then left happy.
    I think anyone who uses violence against his staff is a ****wit and anyone who puts up with it or supports it is a half***wit!

4. theloggg

theloggg

Exp:
    Other
    I heard on the radio last night that Fox (I think) is airing a show called either "When Chefs Attack" or something about "Worst Restaurants....". It's one of those hidden camera/reality shows. I wasn't able to catch much detail (as you can tell).

Wondering if anyone else has heard anything?

5. theloggg

theloggg

Exp:
    Other
    That was a waste of 35 minutes (didn't make it through the entire show). I was expecting tantrums and funny kitchen things, not puking and spitting.

The most frustrating thing was the show referring to these people as Chefs.

6. live_to_cook

live_to_cook

Labeling that low-rent surveillance camera nonsense as anything to do with chefs was malarkey, of course. But what do you expect from Fox?