What's your screen name?

Joined Apr 3, 2008
Because I'm certain everyone's pronouncing mine wrong lol.

Koo-koo-VA-yia

In Greek koukouvagia means owl which is my favorite animal (oh boy I sound like a disney princess lol).  But in Cretan (where I'm from) it is also the name of a delicious dish that is sometimes referred to as koukouvagia though is most commonly known as Dakos. It is a piece of dried bread called paximadi, softened with a little water and topped with fresh crushed tomato, mizithra cheese and olive oil.  I ate this a lot growing up.

Last edited:
Joined Jun 6, 2017
Mine it's just my name with a little tweak... a good friend of mine have this OCD when he changes letters from names (usually to an "L") so my italian name Bruno was quickly changed to Brulo...

That's pretty much it :)

Joined Jul 13, 2012
There were nine Michaels in my seventh grade class.  Because of where I fell in the alphabet I was "Michael 9".  That's how the nuns referred to us - 1 through 9.  It was a riot when they took attendance.  

Joined Apr 3, 2008

There were nine Michaels in my seventh grade class.  Because of where I fell in the alphabet I was "Michael 9".  That's how the nuns referred to us - 1 through 9.  It was a riot when they took attendance.  
Now that is interesting!

Joined Sep 9, 2012
Because I'm certain everyone's pronouncing mine wrong

Koo-koo-VA-yia

In Greek koukouvagia means owl which is my favorite animal (oh boy I sound like a disney princess lol).  But in Cretan (where I'm from) it is also the name of a delicious dish that is sometimes referred to as koukouvagia though is most commonly known as Dakos. It is a piece of dried bread called paximadi, softened with a little water and topped with fresh crushed tomato, mizithra cheese and olive oil.  I ate this a lot growing up.
HA! In my head it's kookoo vagina like crazy girl LOL I've gotta wrap my head around what it really says

Last edited:
Joined Apr 3, 2008
HA! In my head it's kookoo vagina like crazy girl LOL I've gotta wrap my head around what it really says
That's exactly what I was afraid of.  Admit it, you'll never stop thinking of it that way lol.  Should coulda woulda thought of a better name./img/vbsmilies/smilies/crying.gif

Joined Jun 27, 2012

That's exactly what I was afraid of.  Admit it, you'll never stop thinking of it that way lol.  Should coulda woulda thought of a better name./img/vbsmilies/smilies/crying.gif
At least you got to choose your own.

Mine?

It is what I got when I let a couple of my Grands have a vote.

I do live in flipflops but def not a girl any longer.

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

mimi

Joined Sep 21, 2001
When I first used a computer and went online I needed to sign up for some account. I couldn't figure out what to put. So I used part of my old address.

I had been living up in the central mountains of Idaho, about 45 miles from any incorporated area.

My mailing address was 'The Green Cabin On Peach Creek'.

And now you know.

Peachcreek

Joined Jun 27, 2012

When I first used a computer and went online I needed to sign up for some account. I couldn't figure out what to put. So I used part of my old address.

I had been living up in the central mountains of Idaho, about 45 miles from any incorporated area.

My mailing address was 'The Green Cabin On Peach Creek'.

And now you know.

Peachcreek
Sweet backstory...

mimi

Joined Feb 17, 2010
Twenty or more years back one of my Hispanic cooks couldn't pronounce Craig, so he called me chefbuba, then all he Spanish speakers adapted it and it stuck.
Their pronunciation of chef is as in chair, not shef.

Joined Oct 23, 2008
Mine's kind of boring.. I live on the east coast of Florida and have always enjoyed my time on the beaches and the keys so that's where "east shores" comes from.

Joined Jun 27, 2012

At least you got to choose your own.
Mine?
It is what I got when I let a couple of my Grands have a vote.
I do live in flipflops but def not a girl any longer.

mimi
I love that you let kids pick your name. You must be a good grandma!
Thanks...those kids are my life!

I heard thru the grapevine I am the "fun" Gma.

/img/vbsmilies/smilies/peace.gif

mimi

Latest posts

Top Bottom