What's your favorite cannoli recipe?

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by gonefishin, Nov 17, 2004.

1. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
    What's your favorite cannoli recipe? and why?

I'm looking for a good recipe...and would love to hear your favorite cannoli recipe or story.

...thanks,

Dan

2. zukerig

zukerig

Prepare a Vanilla Tulipe batter (I use a 4-egg amount). Draw the circles according to the size of cannoli you want to serve. After shaping them, allow to cool completely.

Two luscious fillings:

Cinnamon-Mascarpone: 1-lb. imported mascarpone, creamed gradually with 3½ ounces granulated sugar. Add 2 Tbsp ground cinnamon, ½ tsp grated nutmeg, and minced zest of 1 lemon or orange, mixing until just incorporated.

Chocolate: Melt 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate; cool slightly. Cream 1-lb. mascarpone with 3½ granulated sugar. Pour in melted chocolate and stir to combine.

Assembly: Spoon mixtures into separate piping bags, fitted with a star or ½-inch plain nozzle. Gently pipe filling into both ends of the cannoli, so that it meets at the center. Dust the cannoli with powdered sugar.

3. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks for the suggestions :)

I'll be making them this weekend to desert a lasagna. This may be a perfect accompaniment when I make lasagna. The fresh ricotta comes in minimum of four pound containers...so I gotta do something with the left-overs ;)

thanks,

dan

4. gonefishin

gonefishin

Exp:
    At home cook
    Well, I made the cannoli's. They tasted fairly decent, but the consistency was much too thin after I got the ricotta mixed smooth.

well, try try again :lips: