whats up everyone

Joined Apr 13, 2003
hi there, my name is scott. i have been in the industry for about ten years now. i am currently the executive sous chef at a large hotel here in louisiana and i have just recently started a catering and personal chef operation with my brother who is the executive chef in my hotel. please feel free to e mail me, i can talk about food all day. i hope i can meet some cool people and mabye help out some of you newbies to the industry with any of your questions or concerns. be cool

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Welcome to Chef Talk, soussweets! We certainly do hope to learn from you, and invite you to visit all of our forums to share and learn.

Sounds like you've got a full plate for yourself!

Joined Mar 30, 2003
Hi Scott,

Welcome, I am also working at starting a personal chef business in South Florida. Have you researched the two organizations for personal chefs? I have gone with American Personal Chef Association. Well look forward to hearing from you.

regards,
Patrick

Joined Oct 28, 1999
Welcome aboard, Scott. There are tons of people here who can "talk food" all day!! Looking forward to your input!

Joined Jan 24, 2003
hey scott
welcome...what kind of stuff are you cooking in the resaurant
does it have a louisianna touch...what is a louisianna touch.
I hear the seafoods good over there
chow

Joined Apr 13, 2003
whats up mike. i trust your a manchester united man. cajun food has a lot of french influence,,,, only it tastes good. we take classical french ideas and give them flavor,,, plus we leave out alot of the B.S. Lots of seafood, sausages , tomatoes , peppers and flavor. not everything is terribly spicy,,, but full of flavor. we get great gulf shrimp, crabs and fish on a daily basis from a lot of retailers. not to mention the mighty crawfish. alot of people look down on southern cuisine as unrefined,,, but i prefer to call it rustic. we are big fans of traditional cooking. although i am a classicaly trained chef and can do anything from french to hindu cuisine, in my opinion you cannot match the flavor of good old down south louisiana cuisine. if anyone cares for ideas or recipies that will knock your socks off,,, or the socks of your customers,,,let me know.

Joined Apr 17, 2003
Hi everyone :cool:

This happens to be the other half of the amazing chef duo of soussweets. I am his older, wiser, and more attractive brother. It is under contruction, but I will post a link to our new website soon, we would love some feedback.

A bit about me:
Born and raised in Baton Rouge, worked in Atlanta, NYC, and Baltimore as well. Currently exec. chef of a hotel, working with my brother on a catering company on the side. I also dabble in professional armwrestling.

Peace,
mike d

Joined Jan 24, 2003
ARSENAL till I die man.....
Ive always thought Baton Rouge sounded an excellent place &
im a great cajun music fan...Id love any suggestions on a nice belly pork braise with a louisianna flavour if you have any suggestions
chow

Joined Apr 17, 2003
couple ideas:

butterfly the pork and spread on a layer of boudin(a spicy pork and rice sausage). Roll, tie and braise.

cut slits and stud with tasso(very spicy smoked pork ham), garlic, and herbs. Stew it til it's falling apart and serve with jus.

butterfly and roll it with crawish, spinach, and jalapeno cheese stuffing-slow oven roast. Also try rubbing with cane syrup and creole mustard-delicious!

Mike, how far is Somerset from London? Been to G.B. 3 times, would love to go again. Also want to go to Scotland and Ireland.
Last time I was there, we ate at Le Manior aux Quat Seasons. Very nice . There Chef De Cuisine just moved to New Orleans, about and hour from here.

Peace,
mike d.

Top Bottom