Whats the best reasonably priced drip coffee maker?

Joined Mar 12, 2005
Whats the best reasonably priced ($50 or less) drip coffee maker?

Mr. Coffee?

Black and Decker?

Joined Aug 6, 2010
Whats the best reasonably priced ($50 or less) drip coffee maker?

Mr. Coffee?

Black and Decker?
Well, I think it depends on what exactly you're looking for. Do you want one that will last forever, or one that will make the best coffee, or one that is programmable?

Joined Apr 3, 2008
Good question, I'm in the market for one myself.  I was thinking more along the $20-30 range, 12 cup drip.  No bells or whistles, just a good coffee maker.

Joined Nov 6, 2004
   Hi Abe,

I know I'm a little late to the discussion, but I like my Chemex for a drip coffee maker.  It's about as simple and primitive as it gets.  It doesn't offer much in the way of bells or whistles, but it lets you taste the beans and water in a drip fashion.

*this reminds me...I have to order some coffee!*

take care,

dan

Joined Oct 27, 2007
I just ordered this one:

Let me know how you like it, I'm really needing a new one as well. Mine broke and I've been using a teeny little 4 cup coffee pot. I really don't like making 2 pots of coffee in the morning, I need a new one.

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
I would go with the cuisinart http://www.cuisinart.com/products/coffee_bar/dcc-1200.html

This is a little more than what you want to spend but I like it because it has a charcoal filter to help purify the water before/while brewing which does make a huge difference. We purchased on years ago and it has stood the test of time. I would avoid grind and brews they are just plain messy to maintain.

Joined Mar 12, 2005
I would go with the cuisinart http://www.cuisinart.com/products/coffee_bar/dcc-1200.html

This is a little more than what you want to spend but I like it because it has a charcoal filter to help purify the water before/while brewing which does make a huge difference. We purchased on years ago and it has stood the test of time. I would avoid grind and brews they are just plain messy to maintain.
I have a cuisinart now, worked great for a couple months, but now it only make 1 cup then stops, so I have to turn it on, like 10 times to make a full pot.

Last edited:
Top Bottom