whats for family meal?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by burroblanco, Jul 26, 2011.

1. burroblanco

burroblanco

Exp:
    Line Cook
    pretty self explanitory, whatd you make for dinner tonight? whats the best/easiest/worst/etc family meal youve had or made? theres usually some kind of mole at least once a week around here, thankfully we keep a nice variety of dried chilis on hand so even if its not like your abuela made its at least close enough...anyhow i figured this would be a good discussion that could be practical and keep the trough full and the animals happy.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/burnred/ran-out-of-dog-food-281t

(i get this look at least once a week btw)

2. john dt

john dt

Exp:
    At home cook
    I cooked dinner for 5 developmentally disabled adults yesterday. Although they are used to and love junk food, and macaroni & cheese, hot dogs, et cetera, they *loved* what I cooked for them, making me happy & proud: Tender pork chops, wokked spinach with eggs, brown rice with onion & garlic, sliced peaches for dessert. They all asked for seconds.

3. april fregd

april fregd

Exp:
    Sous Chef
    John,

There are so many issues that go along with DD such as sensory to textures.  Kudos to you for making something they would eat and getting them to want more.  I struggle daily with the demands of my DD son, today he got a picture of a steak and told me that is what he wants, juicy steaky for dinner.

His wish is my command.  Good going to you and I hope you get to cook for the group again.  They are usually the most loving and fun group of folks to hang around.

john dt likes this.