What's For Dinner Tonight at Your House??

Joined Mar 3, 2001
Lets see what most people eat at home at dinner time. Menus and recipes OK to share.
:rolleyes:

[ March 04, 2001: Message edited by: MsNelly99 ]

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Tonight my wife graduates from florel design school, so we will be at a large hotel eating large hotel kinda food.
Tommorrow I'm doing a surprise party for her 40th birthday.I'm making little tomato tarletts with a blue vien encrusted goat cheese and osetra,and scottish smoked salmon with all the fixins and crab and brie mini taco's and seafood martinies.dinner will be charred dry age prime sirlion with cepes,roasr garlic and caberent,yukon gold potato salad with jicama,papaya and lobster medallions with a cilentro lobster oil dressing,Grilled tuscan long stem artichokes and oven roast yellow tomatoes, chilled truffles asparagus and ginger-honey baby round vichy carrots. I got a chefs toy box of florida hierlooms that i'm going to sprinkle with kosher salt a little black pepper balsamic syrup and a very fruity olive oil. lots of good wine ,cheese and bread etc. The cake is comeing from jaque Torreses new place in the city :)
cc
PPPPPSSSSS, This is not how we usaly eat at home with a ten and six year old pasta rules

Joined Mar 4, 2000
I hope the weather doesn't hurt your turnout tomorrow night. How many guests are you expecting? Sounds like a wonderful meal!

Joined Jul 31, 2000
Thanks momoreg,

I am getting a little concerned about the weather,but we are all troopers and it's a large home so we will just crash there if we need to :)
20 people coming
cc

Joined Nov 5, 2000
Tonight it's General Tsao's Chicken, egg rolls, hot and sour soup, and shrimp with green onion and garlic...maybe tsiang tsao too.

Joined Nov 5, 2000
Courtesy of Hunan Gardens...and I did an extra workout today so I'm not going to feel guilty about eating this stuff!

<getting poised with chopsticks at the ready>

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I had Chinese, too- takeout, just like SeattleDeb. It was a dish called Chicken Velvets- six small egg foo youngs, basically, with large chunks of chicken breast and more crunchy veggies than typical e.f.y. The sauce was pale yellow and, I thought, chicken flavored. Quite tasty, and light- not greasy. Brad, do you deliver?? Congratulations to you other half on her achievement. Let us know what she thinks of the meal- and the trip to Boston! BTW, are you making hamentaschen this year? Fave recipe to share?

Joined Mar 3, 2001
You've got that right. If you have lots of pizza and beer, the weather can do anything it wants to do. See ya. :rolleyes:
Aren't those little smilies the cutest things?

Joined Mar 3, 2001
Couldn't have made a better choice myself. But for the adults, a beer goes great with pizza. :rolleyes:

Joined Sep 25, 2000
Welcome to cheftalk.com MsNelley99, I hope you enjoy yourself. I pretty much live at work so, that's where I useally eat. But, I eat very well.

Joined Oct 5, 2001
Roasted garlic for spread on home made crusty olive bread.

Salad: Romaine lettuce, vine ripened tomatoes, cucumber, scallions, capers, lemon stuffed Greek olives.

Dressing: An emulsion of organic, fruity, extra virgin olive oil, white balsamic wine vinegar, crushed garlic clove, pinch of sea salt, freshly ground pepper and sugar.

Dessert: Fresh Apple.

Wine: Le Mouton a cinq pattes (2 glasses).

:)

Joined Oct 12, 1999
Sorry I felt lazy when I got home, and ate two ham and cheese sandwiches and a few glasses of water to take the cold and flu medicine I'm taking.

Joined Mar 4, 2000
Last night, we made dover sole, with spinach and shrimp filling, dusted with a touch of old bay, and a bit of cilantro. 15 minutes, and worth every second.

Joined Nov 5, 2000
Papa...I love your meal of roasted garlic on bread, and a wonderful salad. I made the same salad dressing that you described, with the addition of dijon and honey (on baby spinich leaves). Not sure if you'll see this or not, but last night I tried mixing everything together but the olive oil--and drizzled that on the leaves first, then added the rest of the balsamic vinaigrette. Seemed to adhere better. Do you mix everything together or do you put the olive oil on first?

Wondering here in Gig Harbor....oh..and had mine with my chili verde that I had cooked all day in the crockpot on Sunday. Yumm!

Joined Oct 5, 2001
Dear Deb:

I am intrigued by your idea. Actually, what I usually do is to slowly pour a very thin stream of olive oil into a bowl of the remaining dressing ingredients and whisk it together to make an emulsion so that all the flavors blend and coat the salad ingredients together.

But the interesting thing to me about your question is that your suggested method of coating the salad ingredients first with the olive oil before adding the remaining mix of dressing ingredients is exactly what we used to do when I was growing up in Greece. I was raised with that method and I always loved our salads ... come to think of it, I can't remember when or why I changed! I'm going to try it both ways and I'll let you know what I find. :rolleyes:

Joined Aug 29, 2000
Papa: you grew up in Greece? I spent a lovely month there on vacation some years ago. I loved visiting the olive and pistachio groves, and longingly gazing at the unripe figs (we were there too early in the summer to enjoy them). I especially recall the huge, fresh lemons (sweet enough to squeeze into cool water and drink), and the yaourti mi meli... Alas, restaurant meals at the time (1980) were pretty much the same everywhere we ate, except for some wonderful grilled fish at the seaside. The best Greek food I've eaten was home cooking by Greeks here in the U.S.A. Lots of delicious memories!

Joined Mar 3, 2001
Wondering here in Gig Harbor....oh..and had mine with my chili verde that I had cooked all day in the crockpot on Sunday. Yumm![/B][/QUOTE]

SeattleDeb, would you give me your recipe for your chili verde? I would really appreciate it. Thanks loads,

:rolleyes:

Top Bottom