Whatever happened to Chris Lehrer?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by french fries, Nov 11, 2011.

1. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Just wondering... I mean he used to be one of the most informative members around here, but then one day he kinda disappeared, which is too bad for us I guess. 

Anyone knows whatever happened to him? 

2. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    He is teaching at a different school.  Just recently he returned to contributing on Fred's Cutlery Forum again. 

BDL

3. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Thanks BDL, it's good to know! And... now I know where to find him! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

4. chrislehrer

chrislehrer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    I'm not actually at a different school. Just a bit swamped with work, is all. I was finding that spending a lot of time on food sites meant less time elsewhere.

Plus I think the review editor must have it in for me, because I never actually reviewed the last two books he sent me. One day I'll get to it, but that turned out to be a commitment I couldn't commit to, if you know what I mean.

Why, did you want something?

(And thanks, by the way, for the nice words. I don't think I was ever especially informative, just somebody who reads and writes a lot and maybe at times put things clearly for that reason. But for experience, I'm not the guy to ask....)

5. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    Have it in for you, Chris? Not hardly.

But I wouldn't be walking past any dark alleys. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/wink.gif

6. chrislehrer

chrislehrer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Oh god, GUILT!!!!!

One of these days I'm going to write some more reviews of things you DON'T send me, and perhaps that will even things up....

7. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    Chris! Good to hear from you. No particular reason, it's just you are one of those members I used to carefully follow and read as most if not all your posts were highly informative. I learned how to make chicken cracklings from one of your post years ago, and since we make cracklings pretty much every time I buy a chicken... which reminds me of that post of yours... which reminded me of you... which made me ask what had become of you. 

Good to hear you're still around! /img/vbsmilies/smilies/smile.gif

8. chrislehrer

chrislehrer

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Still lurking about, yes.