What to serve with Moroccan chicken?

Joined Apr 3, 2008
I’m making Moroccan style chicken on the grill tomorrow and I’m a little stumped what to serve it with. I used to serve it with couscous, tzatziki, and grilled pita along with a salad but now it has to be a completely gluten free meal. I’d like to keep the tzatziki. Maybe potato salad?

Joined Apr 3, 2008
You know, I’ve eaten too much zucchini lately and I’m a little tired of it if you can believe it.

kuan

Staff member
Joined Jun 11, 2001
Potatoes Lyonnaise, cooked with a bit of chicken fat. Also caramelize the onions with a bit of chicken fat. Finish with a lot of green onion.

Joined Apr 25, 2017
Rice can replace the couscous. If the chicken will be on the grill long enough, put young potatoes in a dish under the chicken (under the grate - we keep a reject 9x13 for this) with a bit of liquid to keep them from scorching until the fat starts to drip down onto the potatoes.

Corn tortillas or sopes can be used for the flatbread.

Joined Apr 3, 2008
The family has vetoed everything and has asked for sweet potatoes. fatcook fatcook I love the potato idea under the chicken but these are just parts, they won’t be on the grill long enough to do the job.

Joined Jan 8, 2010
Reading your first post, I was going to say: that's obvious, couscous etc.
Totally forgot about the gluten free.

Sweet potatoes will work. I would throw them close to the ashes, about 30-45 minutes before you start your chicken.
Put some onions there as well. They taste pretty awesome fire-roasted

Joined Apr 3, 2008
The baked sweets went over well, thanks butzy butzy i steamed them first because it’s too hot outside to keep the fire burning too long but they got a nice crust and everyone was happy. It’s darn hot here in Greece

Joined Apr 25, 2017
The sweet potatoes sounds good. The potatoes under the chicken does take a while - I've never made Moroccan chicken so I wasn't sure about the cook time.

I hope you are far from the fires over there.

Joined Apr 3, 2008
The sweet potatoes sounds good. The potatoes under the chicken does take a while - I've never made Moroccan chicken so I wasn't sure about the cook time.

I hope you are far from the fires over there.
I’ve done this many times, stuck potatoes under a lamb or pork shoulder as it spit roasts, haven’t done it with a chicken yet but I will. It does take time though and cooking parts is not long enough.

Joined Apr 3, 2008
Blackened string beans - I got this recipe from Ric before the internet and other than making Greek style string beans with tomatoes, oregano and lemon this in my prefer'd way of making them and everyone loves them.

http://ricorlando.com/recipes/pan-blackened-strings.html

Oh yes this is great, you can season them loads of ways with this exact method. I find that charring them without oil makes it easier to char. Then I toss them in a sauce or vinegraite of some sort. Blistered tomatoes too.

Joined Apr 25, 2017
I’ve done this many times, stuck potatoes under a lamb or pork shoulder as it spit roasts, haven’t done it with a chicken yet but I will. It does take time though and cooking parts is not long enough.

That's funny - we have pork on the list of things to try them under. I'll take this as a recommendation.

Latest posts

Top Bottom