What should i do after high school?

Discussion in 'Professional Chefs' started by gaffreyjr, Nov 22, 2011.

1. gaffreyjr

gaffreyjr

Exp:
    Line Cook
    I'm 17 years old and i'm about to graduate high school in december. I have been working in the restaurant industry for over a year now.I have the passion and drive to exceed in the culinary arts. I will be going to The french culinary institute in the fall of 2012. I want to travel before i go to school. I need some ideas about traveling to get some inspiration and have some life changing experiences. Are there any programs out there i can join? I want to get out of my comfort zone and push my limits. If you guys have any insight that would be very helpful. Thank you!

2. sherbel

sherbel

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    When you say travel, do you want to travel within the US or overseas? There are people here from all over the globe, so you should be able to get advice once you've settled on some destinations. Sounds like a great way to get some experience before starting your further education!

3. kyheirloomer

kyheirloomer

Exp:
    Food Writer
    You might give some thought, too, to combine both your desire to travel with your passion for cooking. How? Spend some time staging at various restaurants in Europe. You'll scratch the travel itch while building both your skills and knowledge base.