What is your preferred swag????

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
ChefTalk Coffee Mug
Since ChefTalk.com has updated our logo we are actively thinking about new swag (i.e. t-shirts, coffee cups etc). In the past we have given away mouse pads, coffee cups, t-shirts etc. I wanted to ask the professional food community as a chef, cook, baker, caterer etc what would you prefer? Here are a few ideas I was thinking about that would be practical for professional food service. These would all have the ChefTalk logo on them.

• Water bottles (concern here is everyone seems to have a million water bottles).
  • Coffee cup (Definitely want to get these but what kind? To go, ceramic etc)?
  • Baseball cap?
  • Apron with ChefTalk logo?
  • t-shirts?
  • key chain?
  • Pens?
It should be something that would be used daily and visible.

Last edited:
Joined Jan 8, 2010
I hadn't had a clue about this meaning of swag....
Anyway, the cup looks like a good plan. but don't you get into problems with shipping?
If not, then yeah, as long as itbis a big one!

Joined May 1, 2019
I hadn't had a clue about this meaning of swag....
Anyway, the cup looks like a good plan. but don't you get into problems with shipping?
If not, then yeah, as long as itbis a big one!
"SWAG" The new generation's alternative word for "cool".

The new generation originally used swag to describe anyone thought to carry themselves in a way considered by some to be sexy / cool.
Note: considered to be retarded by many others.

Now it is used to describe anything thought to be cool, initiating the irk of previous generations and members of the new generation that disagree with new words.

A similar upset arose with "Groovy" v "cool". Groovy disappeared from the majority of vocabularies within 10 years, foreshadowing the fate of swag.

2) Said previous generations acronym to make fun of the new phenomenon. S.W.A.G "Secretly We Are Gay" FOR the boomers

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Swag has a long and glorious usage for branded tchotchkes from trade shows and such.

Joined Sep 17, 2018
Coffee cup with a large handle, none of that stuff that you can only stuff two fingers in the loop. I also think a key chain/lanyard would be nice.

Top Bottom