what is your favrite thig to do when its snows

Discussion in 'The Late Night Cafe (off-topic)' started by kristen zalewski, Feb 10, 2011.

1. i likt to make cookies

2. granny smith

granny smith

Exp:
    At home cook
    Bake bread. If it snows enough, I like to make snow cream, too.

3. what is snow cream?

4. granny smith

granny smith

Exp:
    At home cook
    To make snow cream, you take a big bowl of clean, fresh snow. Stir in some sugar, vanilla, a sprinkle of salt, and enough evaporated milk to make it creamy.  You can add other flavorings, fruit, candy, chocolate chips, or top with syrup, nuts, whipped cream, etc., if you want to get fancy, but I like it plain and simple.

It gives you the worst ice cream headache you've ever had. /img/vbsmilies/smilies/eek.gif

5. sounds good  i think ill make some  hey cheek out my orofile and looke a my fruit carving in my pic

6. sounds good  i think ill make some  hey cheek out my orofile and looke a my fruit carving in my pic

7. gobblygook

gobblygook

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    One important lesson in the making of snow cream is "do not eat yellow snow".  :)

My mom made snow cream with sugar and eggs.  Yeah, raw eggs.  Fortunately, I was too young to realize that I was eating raw eggs. 

8. phatch

phatch Moderator Staff Member

Exp:
    I Just Like Food
    Ski. Good fun.

9. gunnar

gunnar

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    build a fire, stay inside and hope it goes away soon. I like to look at snow for about 20 minutes....then I want sun and more moderate temperatures. The snow is like the desert, just a different extreme./img/vbsmilies/smilies/biggrin.gif

10. i hate th snow so much i want it to melt

11. i wont yes yellow snow  i like the the brown kind better lol just kidding

12. chefedb

chefedb

Exp:
    Retired Chef
                                                     S L E E P  !  Til  it's over

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011
  13. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Watch the snow fall with a cup of hot chocolate or tea. 

14. chefbillyb

chefbillyb

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    I love to sit in the picture window with a blazing fire in the fire place sipping a nice warm cup of hot chocolate while watching my wife shovel the driveway........Today is our 33rd wedding anniversary, as soon as shes done chopping wood, I'm going to take her out and buy my little honey a new Axe................

15. highlander01

highlander01

Exp:
    Other
    LoL!!!!!! Seems like I remember a song similar to this only he was asking his wife to come sit down and explain to him why she was leaving him  /img/vbsmilies/smilies/lol.gif

16. granny smith

granny smith

Exp:
    At home cook
    Happy Anniversary, ChefBillyB! You sound like my hubby! Our anniversary is next week. I'm getting a new welder. I hope he's not going to teach me how to use it! But it's all good, cuz he's getting a new washer. 

17. pastryhall

pastryhall

Exp:
    Home Cook
    I enjoy making brownies and mixing up some apple cider for my daughter.