what is your favorite beer with dinner?

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking' started by food truck, Oct 9, 2013.

1. food truck

food truck

Exp:
    At home cook
    I don't know if that's normal or not butt I love having a beer right before I eat especially for dinner. I feel like it helps me relax and enjoy the meal more what do you guys think? my favorite beer is NewCastale Brown ALE. what's your favorite beer?

2. french fries

french fries

Exp:
    At home cook
    My favorite beer is lager, for example Becks. I mean I've had some good beers and loved them (Chimay) but when it comes to just "have a beer", I'm looking for a cold sparkly beverage that doesn't have too much taste or too much thickness to it. I don't really like brown beer. I used to like NewCastle but not so much anymore. Funny how taste can change. 

I have friends who buy those fancy expensive beers and I don't like them, they're too brown, and have too much taste. 

I like a beer before dinner once in a while when it's hot, not on a regular basis, because usually I wait before eating a bit and pour myself a glass of red wine with my dinner. 

food truck likes this.
  3. chrisbelgium

chrisbelgium

Exp:
    Home Cook
    The weird thing is that I live in Beer Country, but we mostly drink... wine with dinner, certainly when going to a restaurant! However, not always of course and at home, more people drink beer with dinner. In that case we would chose a beer to  match the dish, not a general choice at all. For instance, mussels go very well with Hoegaarden or similar unfiltered "white" beers with a nice acidity. Steak and frites go well with a simple pils like Stella.

Since a few years, it is no longer done to serve red wine with cheeses; the tannins in the wine don't go well at all with many cheeses.

There's such a long list of artisanal dark and fruity beers that go much better with cheese, but you need to test it out.

Here's one of my favorites. Perfect with a piece of Chaumes.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2013
    food truck likes this.