What is this Italian Pastry called?

Discussion in 'Pastries & Baking' started by Guest, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I recently returned from a trip to Italy (Rome and Naples) where we had this delightful individual lemon cake dessert several times.  My friend loved them so much, I wanted to try and make them for her birthday, but I don't remember what they were called so that I can look up a recipe.  Can anyone provide more info?

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2010
  2. nicko

nicko Founder of Cheftalk.com Staff Member

Exp:
    Former Chef
    Do you remember the places where you had the dessert? You might be able to look it up online. My first thought is Italian Ricotta lemon cake.

3. boar_d_laze

boar_d_laze

Exp:
    Cook At Home
    Not a ricotta cakes of any kind, they're either sospiri al limone or dilizie al limone.  If you google for sospiri recipes throw in a few English words or all the results will be in Italian.  Oy.

"Lemon sospiri recipe" is worth a try.  Similarly, add the term "limoncello" to dilizie al limone and see if that doesn't help.

BDL

Last edited: Sep 27, 2010
  4. siduri

siduri

Exp:
    At home cook
    DElizie al limone, BDL.  an e not an i - or you won't find it.  If you want the recipe susan, i can try to translate a site from the italian (don;t bother with an automatic translator, that won't help)