What is the best software system for a small caterer ??

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Hi there, I set up Fancy Fork Catering this year in the UK as a small boutique catering business for my local area, in the UK. As more and more work has come in, I have (until now) been pulling all my menus together on different word and excel documents, working out my profit with a calculator...............Now it's time to start doing this more efficiently and A LOT MORE QUICKLY!!!!!

The question is:

What is the best catering software in the market for someone like me? I want to be able to:

Cost all my menus easily

Pull together the prices of ingredients into one place

Be able to input all the new recipes that I have found.

...........basically the best system out there for a small catering business.

What is the best system for me? So far, I have found www.365chef.com (by StarChef). It seems pretty good, but I want to have something to compare it with. It would be great to hear anyone else experiences!!

Thanks

Fancy Fork

Joined Sep 18, 2008
So, you are looking for "recipe management software" rather than "catering business management software" correct?

I've used Mastercook for over 10 years and I find it excellent for:
  • Storing recipes
  • Scaling recipes
  • Editing recipes
  • Costing recipes (it DOES require input of local food prices)
  • Preparing shopping list(s) (even for multiple stores)
  • Inputting recipes from web sites, either with the Web Import Bar for IE or RecipeFox using FireFox
  • Inputting recipes from text files using Import Assistant
  • Importing recipes from email
Take a look at: http://www.valusoft.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=valusoft&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=183067000 or you can find it on Amazon as well. The price is around 20US$ plus shipping

Latest posts

Top Bottom