What is the best software system for a small caterer ??

Discussion in 'New User Introductions' started by fancyfork, Oct 3, 2010.

1. fancyfork

fancyfork

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    Hi there, I set up Fancy Fork Catering this year in the UK as a small boutique catering business for my local area, in the UK. As more and more work has come in, I have (until now) been pulling all my menus together on different word and excel documents, working out my profit with a calculator...............Now it's time to start doing this more efficiently and A LOT MORE QUICKLY!!!!!

The question is:

What is the best catering software in the market for someone like me? I want to be able to:

Cost all my menus easily

Pull together the prices of ingredients into one place

Be able to input all the new recipes that I have found.

...........basically the best system out there for a small catering business.

What is the best system for me? So far, I have found www.365chef.com (by StarChef). It seems pretty good, but I want to have something to compare it with. It would be great to hear anyone else experiences!!

Thanks

Fancy Fork

2. petemccracken

petemccracken

Exp:
    Professional Chef
    So, you are looking for "recipe management software" rather than "catering business management software" correct?

I've used Mastercook for over 10 years and I find it excellent for:
    • Storing recipes
    • Scaling recipes
    • Editing recipes
    • Costing recipes (it DOES require input of local food prices)
    • Preparing shopping list(s) (even for multiple stores)
    • Inputting recipes from web sites, either with the Web Import Bar for IE or RecipeFox using FireFox
    • Inputting recipes from text files using Import Assistant
    • Importing recipes from email
    Take a look at: http://www.valusoft.com/DRHM/store?...oft&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=183067000 or you can find it on Amazon as well. The price is around 20US$ plus shipping