What is the best Quote you have ever heard from a "Chef"!

Joined Apr 16, 2002
There are many Quotes out there to name a few.
"Learning to Season in cooking is like learning to stickhandle in hockey; it's absolutely fundamental" by Chef Rob Fennie.:chef:

Joined Mar 13, 2001
"Find something you're passionate about and keep tremendously interested in it."

Julia Child

"I would much rather be a chef who remembers I am a cook then a cook that thinks I am a chef."

Richard (Ric) Peterson

"Cooking is at once child's play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love."

Craig Claiborne

"The duty of a good cuisinier is to transmit to the next generation everything he has learned and experienced."

Fernand Point

Joined Dec 12, 2000
From my pastry instructor, "you guys are all outstanding in your field, just like a farmer"

From another instructor " It all depends on how you hold your face"
" It's only the first 144 dozen that give you problems"(talking about tourning vegetables)

isa

Joined Apr 4, 2000
That is so fuuny CoolJ!
So is your new signature.

Joined Jul 16, 2002
In order to be the best, you must be able to do everything everyone else can do. Anonymus.

Joined Dec 15, 1999
"Food - Sustanance, Adventure and Conversation"

Peter Gordon's(of "Suger Club") grandmother

Joined Sep 9, 2002
when an ill-prepared garde-manger was on his knees, head in the reach-in telling chef he was looking for and item on a first course going up:

chef comments from down the line "should you be looking for a new job while you're in there?"

painfully methodical but likeable prep cook when sous chef pressuring to complete a task:

"don't harsh my mellow"

Joined Jan 26, 2002
1. Think of this as a character builder

2. Cooking is the application of heat and common sense.

3. Quick...get me the lobster gun!!

So many more quotes......so many sources

Joined Nov 17, 2002
"...when you have made as many mistakes as I have then you can be as good as me..."

Wolfgang Puck

" I am not in the food business serving people, I am in the people business serving food"

Joined Oct 13, 2001
ARE YOU BUSY ? WELL THEN I SUGGEST YOU WORK A LITTLE
F*^*ING FASTER .

ARE YOU COLD ? WELL WORK FASTER , IT WILL HELP TO WARM YOU UP .

ARE YOU HOT ? WELL WORK FASTER , THE BREEZE WILL HELP TO COOL YOU DOWN .

AND THE BEAT GOES ON ...........................

Latest posts

Top Bottom