What I did with our tax rebate

Joined Feb 21, 2001
Bought a new scanner, that's what. And the first thing I did with it was this. Several years ago an old Boston department store called Jordan Marsh was acquired by Macy's, and they hired local celebrities to appear in newspaper ads to welcome the new store. Todd English was in one, coyly peeking over a pair of Foster Grants. Well, that did it for me. I was trying to learn Pagemaker at the the time, so I came up with this....(to this day I turn his books face-to on the shelves in bookstores.) Oh, btw, bought Pierre Herme's chocolate book today also, but haven't had a chance to look at it as I spent most of the last two days making my ex-sister-in-law's New Year's dinner..chicken soup with matzoh balls, kugel, tzimmes, brisket, roast chicken, vegetable cutlets, New Year's challah, macaroons and honey cakes. and we had chicken salad for supper.
You'll need acrobat reader to open this.

A Perfect Waste of Time

Joined Aug 29, 2000
I'm tempted to return my rebate to the federal treasury (especially now), but instead I'll use it to pay for my airline ticket to go to the East Coast ChefTalkCafe Get-Together in October. BTW, thebighat, I've used PageMaker almost every day since 1988.

Wow! I envy your ex SIL! What a dinner. Beats the heck out of the braised veal shank and green salad I had for the holiday dinner- in a restaurant. If I had a relative like you to make a dinner like that, I'd have served such a sumptuous feast, too! Funny you should mention kugel. I'm making one this week to serve to my seventh grade reading classes because they're reading a book called "Pearl Moscowitz's Last Stand, in which kugel and other ethnic foods play a prominent role. I'm making the sweet version (cinnamon, sugar, raisins).

[ September 18, 2001: Message edited by: Mezzaluna ]

Joined Feb 21, 2001
I swear this file will open after spawning Acrobat Reader, but the web is a mess tonight. Takes me back to the torture of using a 14.4 modem. Apparently there's some worm loose.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
I'm totally stuffed from reading your posts!

Happy New Year, TBH and Mez. May this new year bring you peace and joy.

:D

Joined Mar 13, 2001
Didn't work last night but it seems to be fine this morning. I just printed it!

Thanks TBH.

:)

Joined Mar 6, 2001
Help me guys, I still have windows 95 in a 4 year old computor and I just don't follow enough to understand....but I've noticed everything is working really really slow the last couple days on the net for me. I couldn't open certain sites at all. Plus I noticed a couple stores I purchased from had their computors down. Is something going on? You mentioned a bug? Or is this coincedience?

P.S. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm ever going to recieve my refund.

Joined Mar 13, 2001
There's a new virus/worm around, Wendy, that's probably why everything slowed down suddenly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom