What Hospitality Publications Do You Read?

Discussion in 'After Culinary School' started by jamster, Jan 31, 2019.

1. jamster

jamster

Exp:
    Prep cook
    Hi there,

New to the industry and trying to learn as much as possible. What kinds of magazines, journals, or websites do y'all read? What are the big publications that are most commonly read in the restaurant industry? And just for fun, what is everyone trying to learn more about this year?

2. Science27

Science27

Exp:
    Chef, Pastry Chef, Bread Baker, Butcher, Flour Miller
    Magazines:
    So Good
    Toothache
    Fool

3. toddhicks209

toddhicks209

Exp:
    amateur, food blogger
    Food Network magazine

4. chefross

chefross

Exp:
    Former Chef
    When I turned 18 my big brother got me a subscription to Nations Restaurant News. I am 64 and retired as a Pro Chef but still get this magazine online and delivered to my house. It is unique in that it reports on trends in food, as well as reporting on new and upcoming Chefs to watch. I highly recommend it.

5. jellly

jellly

Exp:
    Professional Pastry Chef
    I really enjoy Plate Magazine. It is a free publication, so there are a bit of ads, but some of their articles are excellent and their trend watching has been spot-on.

6. dodgerbuddy

dodgerbuddy

Exp:
    Restaurateur
    Thee best restaurant magazine on the market is the QSR (Quick Service Restaurant). I used this resource to obtain many of my statistics and research when writing my Business Plan. I get their magazine free in the mail. And they also have a website. The articles are fantastic and the publication keeps you abreast of upcoming Food trends. Here is a link to their website: https://www.qsrmagazine.com