What Happened?

nicko

Founder of Cheftalk.com
Staff member
Joined Oct 5, 2001
Hey Everyone,

Well you may of noticed that the site was down for a few days, it was not intentional. Our webhosting company had a catastrophic event at the data center which led to hundreds of sites being down for days. In some cases the sites may even be down for weeks. Please take a moment and thank the team (our platform partners) at Community Hired for getting us back on line in record time. That is to say once they got the data from the old host they migrated the entire community in a day. Many thanks to @HellaSteph.

We are back and all is calm now......

Nicko

Joined Oct 31, 2012
I'm happy it all worked out so quickly. I'll admit to a moment of worry at first. Glad to have this site back up and running.

Joined Mar 1, 2017
We're culinary professionals and home cooks. We never show panic. We are like swans......graceful and a picture of calm and below the water line, we're paddling like hell. ;-)

Joined Oct 23, 2008
Sorry you had to go through that Nicko. Story of my life though, supporting and building information systems you always hope you are at least 1 step ahead of total catastrophe. I'm glad you guys had a mitigation plan and a way to get things going again quickly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom