What goes good w/ pistachios and how?

Joined Aug 26, 2017
toasted Pistachios honey Goat cheese and dried cranberries together as one.
You can go with goat cheese balls or goat cheese log enfuzed with honey rolled around in chopped toasted pistachios and cranberries and drizzeled lightly with a little bit more honey. Eat with crackers:) Booyah!

Joined Apr 3, 2008
I have a dish in mind that I really want to make. Tortellini stuffed with mortadella and served in a pistachio pesto.

I love pistachios but I don't use them enough.

Joined Aug 26, 2017
That sounds extremely delicious and i feel that dish will knock their socks off!
As far as pistachios go, they are one of the worlds most healthiest nut. From protein to the good type of cholesteral that they carry, Not to mention flavor. I think that one of the main resons people dont do too much with them is because of how expensive they are and because of that, their isnt much room for error. So its easier to just shy away to another seed or nut.
That being said.
Try making a good pistachio bread to go with ur awesome pasta!
Pistachio bannana ice cream for dessert. but be sure to roast the pistachios or use almons to get a crunch in your ice cream. Pistachios tend to get soft in the process, although delicious it will lack texture.

Last edited:
Joined Apr 3, 2008
I'd never serve bread with pasta but pistacchio bread sounds good for other purposes. Are you in the pistachio industry or something?

Joined Aug 26, 2017
Sorry for the delay guys had a bit of a familly emergency.
But koukouvagla though it would be nice, no sir im not in any pistachio industry. Its just thers something about pistachios that i find intriguing. From color to taste and nutrition etc. Also im trying to be more creative as to how to use them in more dishes and also find out what pairs good with them as well.

Joined Aug 26, 2017
mike9 Yes pistachio pesto is great!
How about a nice pistachio biscotti with a full bodied hazelnut coffee.

Top Bottom