Chef Forum banner

What Food Photo is More Appropriate or Enticing?

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  fatcook 
#1 ·
Have been having a debate as to what sort of photo on a 'bakery menu' would be more appropriate and/or enticing for customers to view. I would like your opinion as to what you think? Either from personal preference or experience displaying and selling baked goods? Do you prefer a more 'staged' look (pies delicately stacked on a platter) or a more natural and realistic feel (pies on a baking sheet, juices bubbling from the seams) etc.

I would VERY much value everyone's opinion!

#13 ·
This was one of my concerns. Having pastries obviously staged and arranged and looking too commercial or mass manufactured. I don't mind staging them, but for me, the more 'homely' look of pies is part of the allure for me. juices seeping and bubbling out, etc.

#14 ·
I think for the menu - the finished product. If you are shopping, you want to see what it will look like if you buy the item.

For any social media you may do, the in progress pictures are a great way to show you are making the items yourself and not purchasing mass produced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.