What do you think about this idea!?

Joined Feb 6, 2002
Gotta Question for everyone.

What do you think of a Mommy Club? All the mom's get together and share frustrations, coordinate with other moms for babysitting, share cooking days and we all take care of the new moms in the community. I think its a great idea. Communities should get back to the "community" part of living in the same neighborhood. Right? You daddy's can start your own club. :p

Jodi

Joined May 14, 2001
When my nephew was young my sister was a member of a group called Moms on the Move. It was a group of small business owners(she is a professional photographer) who were also mom's. Swapped ideas and support on child raising, business, and balancing both. She made lots of very good friends in this group and really enjoyed her involvement.

So I guess, though I'm childless and planning to stay that way, you could say my take, based on talking to her about her experience, is that it's a good idea. :)

edit:
oh, just understanding you mean doing this here in this community. That of course would be up to the moderators I would think. But I'd recommend for sure looking for something in your own community if you might be interested in such a thing....

Joined Feb 6, 2002
Your first response was right on the money, Ziggy. I meant starting something in my community. Everyone is so work obsessed and with babysitter searches I just thought we should get back to where the community helps each other again. I don't see why we always have to bring money into helping each other. Instead of charging a new mommy to come in and help out why not just form a support group instead. Just go over there and help. No strings attached. You don't have to send money to a charity in order to help others.

Jodi

Top Bottom