What do you feed your plants and/or lawn?

Joined Nov 19, 1999
The patch is about a 10' by 10' area. After trying to grow the seed with a straw covering and found that it didn't work, I dug it up again and lightly sprinkled dirt over the seeds. I nervously watered and watched the ground every day. I thought sure I had failed again. Today it came up!!! I couldn't believe it. I cordoned this area off from the dogs because it's the only area that can't seem to live under their 'abuse.' The flowers in the back yard are my first since I bought the house six years ago. I've planted many, but thrown up my hands in frustration after spending a lot of money. I now even have my first compost bin :) Thank you all so much for all of these firsts. My little garden is attracting butterflies and many birds that I've never seen before :) By next year my ground will be in better shape and I will have learned enough to do a whole lot bigger and better.

Joined Nov 19, 1999
Dear CC and Papa, The season is passing so quickly, but I have to thank you for the Chef's Garden. I have no bald patches in my front lawn now, in spite of the dogs. The grass is thick and sturdy. My small flower garden is lovely, and my compost bin smells like fresh earth :) Is it supposed to? With all of the garbage - peach pits, egg shells, banana peels, corn husks, grass clippings, etc. I expected it to smell bad. I keep it covered and turn it once in awhile. All of this may sound like a small accomplishment to a lot of folks, but it's a first for me after trying all of my life. I'm thrilled! Next year I can do even more after this experience. THANK YOU!

Joined Apr 13, 2011
i have to do a project for school and my part is to write part of chapter 5 of the book. its about weeding, feeding and thinning. any tips or help would be appriciated. Thx!

Last edited:
Joined Apr 13, 2011
sorry juss seein what it does

Quote:

if i has to choose between breathing and loving you i would use my last breath to say I LOVE YOU :)  

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom