What do you do with your food processor?

Joined Sep 5, 2008
So I didn't have a food processor for months and today just received a new one. Only... now I forgot what I used to use it for, except for shredded carrots.

What do you use yours for?

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Wet bread dough.
Volume veg/fruit prep.
Volume cheese grating.
Making salsa.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
I use mine for grinding up to a pound of meat for burgers, making ruff puff, pureeing anything else that won't work in the blender.

Joined Apr 3, 2008
Pastry dough
Quickly shred veggies for meatballs
Pesto
Tyrokafteri
Mirepoix (for when I need it to melt j to a stew)
Fresh breadcrumbs (for pangrattata )

phatch

Staff member
Joined Mar 29, 2002
Good call on the pie pastry. I forgot about that one.

Joined Feb 17, 2010
Mostly for collecting dust. I'll make some pie dough or shred cabbage for slaw on occasion.

Joined Feb 17, 2010
I actually have three. One an older smaller KA that was in my food truck that I had taken from home. I finally broke down and bought another to replace that one right around my birthday a couple of years ago. Then another showed up on my doorstep a few days later from my mother as a birthday gift. It is the same as the one I bought, even the same color.

Joined Jul 13, 2012
I have two - a 9 cup Cuisinart and a 3 cup Cuisinart I use both on a regular basis.

Joined Aug 13, 2013
Carrot shreds, of course. (Mmm carrot cake!)
Bread dough
Pizza dough
Making almond flour (and other nuts)
Hummus
Pesto
Enough gazpacho to run like a river out the bowl's center hole tube.

Joined Nov 5, 2007
I have a really nice and heavy Cuisanart from maybe 30 years ago. I use it maybe once or twice a year. I think the last time was early this summer to make a batch of Jamacain jerk paste.

mjb.

Joined Sep 21, 2001
Makes good mayo. I like it for finishing pate. Hummus.
Also makes cool counter top art just hanging out looking kitchen-tough.

Joined Jan 8, 2010
The stick blender makes a very quick mayonaisse!
But, I have to admit, after reading Teamfat's post, I remembered I used it for Jerk seasoning as well :)

Joined Sep 5, 2008
Great, thank you all for all those ideas, some of them I didn't remember but will use all the time of course like hummus, bread crumbs, vegetable purees (like celery root or turnip or cauliflower)... I'll have to try shredding cabbage with it, never tried and sometimes it can be quite consuming by hand.

I use mine for (...) making ruff puff
I'd love it if you are willing to share your recipe/directions for making ruff puff!?

Joined Sep 5, 2008
Turns out I use it more than I thought I would! So far I've used it to make:

- milkshakes
- vegetable soup
- shredded carrots
- shredded turnips
- shredded beets
- celery puree

... and I'll also use it to make marinades, and eggplant caviar or smokey eggplant dip...

Joined Jun 6, 2017
Pastes mainly.

- Hummus
- Babaganoush
- Olive paste (let's say tapenade but I change the recipe every time)
- Used once to make a pie dough but I guess I'll be using the Kitchenaid for that from now on...

Top Bottom